I just spent 5 days in the USA, thought it was $5.00 for 100 texts

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I just spent 5 days in the USA, thought it was $5.00 for 100 texts and incoming texts were free. Do the incoming have to come from Canada? I received several from the USA. I don't think I used up 100 outgoing texts but was charged $10.00
Photo of Ginger Jordan

Ginger Jordan

• 104 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,940 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you crossed your billing period, you are charged afresh.
Photo of Ginger Jordan

Ginger Jordan

Thank you, I didn't cross my billing period, I am wondering if the received texts were counted. I thought received were free, outgoing were not.
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 67,712 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you didn't cross the billing period, call 611 and raise heck.

Incoming texts can come from anywhere without any additional charge beyond the $5 for 100.
Photo of Ginger Jordan

Ginger Jordan

Thank you, I will do that.
Photo of Melissa

Melissa, Employee

• 11,748 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Ginger! Each text message counts as 160 characters. For example, if the text was 167 characters it will count as two text messages and so on.  Were you able to figure out what happened? Keep us posted :)
Photo of Ginger Jordan

Ginger Jordan

I didn't realize that there was a limit to characters. Where is this information available? I know that the first time I was going to use this feature I called support on three separate occasions and not one person had any idea how this 100/ for $5 worked. Iin fact most never even heard of it. I received the original information about this via text message when I crossed the border a while back now and it took that many calls before I had the correct info. Obviously this tidbit was missing, and this explains why I was charged $10 rather than the $5 I was expecting. I find that information received be it from store employees or customer service differs greatly. This I find frustrating.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.