I just signed up for Koodos mobile on May 13, 2017 and on May 19th I received a bill for over $60.00. Are you charging a full month???

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
I just signed up for Koddos mobile on May 13, 2017 and Koodos home phone on May 17, 2017 and on May 19th I received a bill for over $60.00. Are you charging a full month of service for less than a week???
Photo of Anita Bennett

Anita Bennett

• 20 Points

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,820 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Actually your bill will be for a week and a month. 

Have you reviewed your PDF invoice in Self-serve? It contains all the fine details of your bill.  Your first billing period is pro-rated from when you signed up to the billing date. You are also charged services for the upcoming month in advance This occurs when anyone signs up with a provider. Similarly, when you change a plan,  both the old plan and the new are pro-rated for the portion of the month they were active. Here’s link for you describing the process. http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/charges-explained

Then go to "charges on my first bill"

Photo of titaniumtux

titaniumtux

• 12,952 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

You're being billed for 34 days of service. You're being billed from May 17 to June 16, plus May 13 to May 16. How cool is that!

The good news is, generally speaking, all post-paid accounts regardless of carrier do pro-rated billing.

That means if you go onto a cheaper plan during your billing cycle, your following bill will have a small pro-rated credit rolling in. Same goes for going to a more expensive plan, you'll be back-billed the difference as a charge on the following bill.

Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 81,124 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
@ Anita, I see you have signed in to your self serve account already. You will find a pdf invoice that you cold easily download the details of your bill. You will also find an explanation for the first month bill. 

Hoe this helps! On a different topic, I'll be in your beautiful town to celebrate Canada's 150th. Which restaurant would you strongly recommend as one not to be missed?