I just purchased anew phone (LG M 703 yes I know but that is all I need) why can I not get my emails and do searches

• Question
  • Updated 1 week ago
Photo of Dwight Green

Dwight Green

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 week ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 90,294 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Do you have data turned on your phone?
Photo of Dwight Green

Dwight Green

Yes,  thank you for the reply,  while at home  or close to the base I have no troubles .  It is a major problem while on the road (away from home)  no searches , no emails   Any ideas, Thank you.
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

Which base? Most CFBs can be fairly remote. You're probably just going where there is no service.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,438 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Are you connected to your home WiFi and not connected to cellular data possibly?
Photo of Dwight Green

Dwight Green

Thank you for the reply,  my old phone was with the same carrier and with the same plan, as now. 
    And never  had any issues,  this one has been a pain in the back side.     My old phone operated in the high arctic,  and also at sea (close to shore).  So what gives?   
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

Can you see if anyone else is having similar issues with Telus / Koodo? You can put your sim in another phone to see if the problem follows. If it stays with the phone and no one else has issues, that's probably it. It could be faulty or the q6 just has poor reception capabilities
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,022 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Dwight Green

Dwight Green

Thank you for the follow ups.    Every thing seems to be in order, how ever the sim card may be the 

likely culprit.  Will give the suggestion a try.   Thank you/cheers