I just my new koodo monthly phone in the mail, but now am having trouble activating it.

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 1-866

when I go to self serve and try to log in, it says I need to register, then when I go to register it says I need to know my Koodo phone number... can somebody please help me out?
Photo of Adrian Taylor

Adrian Taylor

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated and confuzed

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 116,304 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Call customer service to activate/set up  your account  at 1-866-995-6636
Photo of Rostam

Rostam

• 470 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
HI Adrian, sorry to hear you are having issues. Let me take a look.
Photo of Rostam

Rostam

• 470 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Adrian: the account shows that its activated. Please reboot your phone.
Photo of Lyse Cochrane

Lyse Cochrane

• 62 Points
same problem ... can't register.... what a messed up system... we are encouraged to "go Green" with e billing but can't register... HELP... if you want ur $$$$$     ... when I go to self serve and try to log in, it says I need to register, then when I go to register it says I need to know my Koodo phone number... can somebody please help me out... as it is now I am hold with ur 1-866 tel #.. what abhorrent service you people have--- regret signing up with koodoo,,, maybe pay more with Telus but at least service is much much better...
Photo of Anna

Anna

• 6,126 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Lyse! Were you able to reach our customer service representative and activate your self-serve account? We have been receiving a larger than normal volume of calls, but we try our best to get to everyone in a timely manner. Thank you for your understanding!
Photo of Lynn Lefevre

Lynn Lefevre

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having the exact same problem.  I can't register without a phone number but my new phone isn't activated yet so it does not have a phone number and I cannot activate it without registering.  There has to be a better way than phoning in!!!! 
Photo of Lynn Lefevre

Lynn Lefevre

Seriously... Christmas music and then it sent me to a Telus rep instead of Koodo. This just gets better and better,
Photo of grampad

grampad

• 1,876 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Did the Telus Rep not help you or warm transfer you (wait for the Koodo Rep on line before handing over) ?
Photo of Lynn Lefevre

Lynn Lefevre

After more annoying music a Koodo rep and then told me I had to go to a store even though I had already selected a plan and given my credit card. This is pathetic.
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

You should have  received Email from Koodo about how to activate your pone. Can you check your junk folder?  
Also there should be paper instruction in the box too.
Photo of Lynn Lefevre

Lynn Lefevre

There is nothing in my junk folder.  All I received from Koodo was the email with my order information and two emails advising me to be patient as they work through their black Friday backlog.  The only thing in the box said to go to the selfserve page which I cannot register for without a phone number and I don't have a phone number and can't get one until I register and activate the phone.  
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

If Koodo rep couldn't help you on the phone, I would send a email about this. Then you'll have records of conversations.
https://secure.koodomobile.com/account/appmanager/support/contactus

Koodo's customer service should be able to activate your account on the phone...
Photo of Lynn Lefevre

Lynn Lefevre

I gave up and went to a store to activate the phone.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.