I have just bought a Blackberry bold 9780 and got a Koodo plan with it, and the phone is not getting the Koodo network. Why wont it work?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of Jonathan Millman

Jonathan Millman

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Is the phone unlocked? Is the SIM card inside the phone active with your phone #?

Jonathan Millman

Yeah Future Shop set it up when I was there and they said it was locked to wind, but when I came home and checked(using a website) it said it was unlocked.
Photo of Ry

Ry

• 5,552 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
If it was locked to Wind, it won't work with Koodo. Different frequencies

Jonathan Millman

The person at future shop said it was locked with wind, it is unlocked(t-mobile is displayed every time I turn it on though).
Photo of Ry

Ry

• 5,552 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Since this phone came from Wind, it support 1700/2100, and therefore, cannot be used with Koodo, which uses 850/1900. Unfortunately, you need to get a different phone to use Koodo (or Bell/Telus/Rogers/Virgin/Fido) or you need to subscribe to Wind/Videotron/Mobilicity with that device.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The bb said it was unlocked? Use these instructions to check.
>(Other Models: OS6 or below): Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card and then typing in mepd or CAPS+ MEPD,
>>(Other Models: OS6 or above): Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > SIM Card and then type mepd, CAPS+ MEPD, or ALT+ mepd.

****If you see "BLOCKED" beside Network or Service Provider then someone has already tried to enter the unlock code too many times and hard-locked your phone. A code will not unlock your phone.
****If you see "INACTIVE" or "DISABLED" then your phone is already unlocked and you do not need a code.

Source: http://freemyblackberry.com/instructi...

Jonathan Millman

Yeah that's were I got it is unlocked, they all say disabled.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.