I have a Telus Nokia 3710 but am a Kodoo customer. How can I get this phone unlocked? Can Koodo do it? Thnx

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
I have a Telus Nokia 3710 but am a Kodoo customer. How can I get this phone unlocked? Can Koodo do this since I do have an account here. Thanks
Photo of Penny

Penny

• 686 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 90,800 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You generally do not need to unlock Telus phones to work with Koodo and vice versa. Having said that, older phones weren't a guarantee but I cannot remember if that's it wasn't a guarantee a few years ago or the hardware had to be a certain year to guarantee it. Pop in a Koodo sim card and if it works great! If it asks for an unlock code you can contact Telus to request it. Just provide the IMEI and model number.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 67,104 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If taking advantage of the Wireless Codes' phone unlocking ruling, where, "if a device is, or becomes, locked to a service provider’s network, that service provider must unlock the device, or give the customer the means to unlock the device, upon request, at no charge"; it might be a little quicker to go through TELUS Client Care. The Client Care number is 1-866-558-2273.

A Koodo rep may insist that since it's not a Koodo phone, you'll have to contact TELUS. You may need a mini-SIM card from another provider to complete the unlock process. TELUS recommends to call from different device, so they can assist you with the unlock steps.

https://www.telus.com/en/on/support/article/unlock-mobile-device