• Answered
Photo of Bader Amzil

Bader Amzil

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,614 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yes, you can, but unless it is one of  India, Germany, China, Hong Kong, Bangladesh, Italy, Mexico, Australia or Taiwan, you will pay long distance rates for each minute you call, plus your airtime minutes to connect to the network.

I suggest finding a cheaper way to call friends and family in Morocco, or any of the other countries not on the above list.
Photo of Bader Amzil

Bader Amzil

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We need like this promotion to Africa
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,614 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That may well depend on the telcos in those countries offering cheap interconnect opportunities.
(Edited)
Photo of titaniumtux

titaniumtux

• 12,952 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Africa is quite the continent, but you're asking specifically for Morocco...Wireless service providers in Morocco hold a very high tarif for inbound calls on their networks. That means if Koodo were to offer 1000 minutes to call Morocco (regardless of whether you're calling landlines or mobiles), it'd be far more than an extra $20 to your plan, otherwise Koodo would be losing a lot of money to absorb that cost.

For other African destinations...you can add UK calling to your Koodo plan, and setup UK forwarding numbers to select destinations. This will work for South Africa (plus English speaking neighbouring countries), Angola, Nigeria and Egypt (cellphones and landlines). Then save those UK forwarding numbers in your contacts after configuring those numbers to forward to your overseas contacts. Koodo sees you calling the UK, and would include it in the UK calling plan or add-on. The service you use to forward the calls would manage the call connecting to your overseas contacts.

I realize Morocco blocks WhatsApp and other VOIP options. Could they use a VPN, perhaps?

Photo of vtecman

vtecman

• 208 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Does this include calls to mobiles in Australia too or just landline?
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 97,308 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Mobile numbers are included.