I had a problem with my phone being stolen overseas racking up almost $10,000 in data charges.

• Praise
  • Updated 1 year ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I had a problem with my phone being stolen overseas racking up almost $10,000 in data charges. Eli, a customer service rep worked tirelessly to resolve the problem. He did resolve the problem and was awesome to chat with on the phone. Super helpful, polite and tended to everything I needed. Thanks again Eli, you're the best!
Photo of James Clark

James Clark

• 70 Points

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,460 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Ouch!  Happy to learn Koodo was able to help you with this issue. Thanks for sharing!
Photo of Jan Hope

Jan Hope

• 4,356 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
$10,000 in data charges it is almost hard to believe. This post should be another warning for post paid users that their phones have to be treated like a credit card or wallet full of money or something very valuable. You may not always find customer service rep like Eli.
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 62,352 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Roaming fees can get expensive. Up to $10/MB on land, $15/MB on satellite.
That would mean only 1GB, or 667MB for the latter.

@OP. A note for next time. As soon as you believe you phone to be lost/stolen you should report it so that your sim card can be deactivated.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.