I had 100 min on my plan and when i went on line to see if my payment was received well in advance i saw what my billshowed and was was sh

• Question
  • Updated 9 months ago
I was not aware that I was going over my 100 minutes and when i went on line to see if my payment was received well in advance i saw what my bills howed and was was shocked to see the amount,  I called in Feb 13th and Guilliame told me he would call me back and assured that he would remedy the problem.  He also said Koodo owns PC which came as a surprise to the PC customer service attendant that had worked there for many years.  I am through playing around and would like some straight answers.......If this isnt resolved today I am going back to PC
Photo of Kim Brasseur

Kim Brasseur

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Upset with being lied to

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 141,558 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Koodo doesn't own President's Choice, Kim, no idea where you got that idea from. Your story is a bit hard to read otherwise, what exactly is the problem and what did Koodo promise you? If you go over 100 minutes (which amounts to $50), sadly you probably will need to pay that... unless I misunderstand what's you're saying here. If you want straight answers, ask a clear question :)
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,648 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Walmart owns the sales person at Walmart.  It's actually walmart staff working out of the electronics department, and not a Koodo rep working in a walmart
Photo of Jru Gordon

Jru Gordon

• 9,038 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

No, that is incorrect.  The people who work in the cell phone kiosks at Walmart are employeed by OSL, which is an offshoot of Match Marketing Group.  Up until about 3-4 years ago they were employees of Walmart.  I should know, as I worked in the Connection Centre of the Walmart in St Thomas, until OSL came in.  I then went and worked for OSL at the kiosk in the Walmart in Simcoe Ontario.  Walmart does NOT pay those employees, OSL does through Match Marketing Group.

The Electronics staff are NOT trained on the activation portals for any of the carriers (unless they are previous Connection Centre employees before OSL came in), and they are not allowed to work in the Kiosk.  The Electronics staff can sell the accessories and the prepaid phones/cards, but they have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with any postpaid.

(Edited)
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,648 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Weird.  In edmonton the staff in the electronics department run the cell phone stuff.  They do the phones plus the Electronics cashier duties for merchandise purchases
Photo of Jru Gordon

Jru Gordon

Then OSL hasn't come out that way yet.  OSL has been in most provinces in Canada for at least 4 years, and in some stores longer. 
Photo of Dan Loyer

Dan Loyer

• 60 Points
In most of the comment section is all true, the Connection Centre is now managed by the company OSL/Match Marketing, I myself did worked in the Connection Center for about 10 years or so and also managed the dept for about 2-3 months until OSL took over the Kiosk, this is the Sudbury North Walmart, but now I am in the Electronics dept decided to stay with Walmart, everyone I know that use to work in the CC now left Walmart or in other dept in the store.  I myself don't miss it at all.  Too many problems and dealing with all kinds of people is hard.  Yes, its been in all or most of Walmart stores in Canada for the past 4-5 years now.  OSL have different or better training than the old Connection Center staff did.  
Photo of titaniumtux

titaniumtux

• 12,932 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

To clarify...Telus owns Koodo, Telus also owns post-paid accounts with PC Mobile.

You exceeded your 100 minutes in your plan? Yikes overage rates can be expensive...perhaps best to switch to a plan that includes more minutes, or switch to pre-paid and never get overages.

If your payment was received after your billing date, it won't appear on your bill statement. Self-serve should show the account balance, which should reflect whether the payment was received.

Hope that helps.

Photo of Kim Brasseur

Kim Brasseur

Thanks but the rep clearly said Koodo owns all PC mobile accounts and if i gave him the account number (which is no longer avail.) they re-issued it out.  but thanks for the reply.  And yes 50 cents per min. is crazy and I wont stay for that reason.  I tried to add on a $20.00 for extra calls right away and it would not let me.    
Photo of Jru Gordon

Jru Gordon

That rep was 100% WRONG.  Koodo does not own all PC Mobile accounts.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 140,242 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
This is a customer driven forum. Unless a person's picture says "employee" next to it, they're all customers, just like you. Thus far, nobody who has responded is a koodo employee. And to this point, although you have referred obliquely to answers you previously received, you have not actually asked any questions yet on this thread.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,758 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Kim, have you downloaded your detailed PDF e.bill from self serve to see what your charges are for?
Photo of Kim Brasseur

Kim Brasseur

Yes and they say they are for minutes, i was never told it was that expensive when i used over my 100 min.  and like a comment i just seen, why dont you guys tell us when we are over our set min.  Also i never used data and now being charged 5.00 for data.  I thought this was a good plan for the first few weeks.  I paid over the amount i was sent like i always do with everything.  Then when i went on to see I am being charged 154.00 that is crazy.  I only text i didnt even need the phone calls.  I really am disappointed with the customer service i received on the phone which i was charged for, he gave me all the wrong information........thanks dennis but i am switching back to my original....PC the customer service is awesome and they are only 25.00 per month no Bull......

Dont have the time or energy for this.....
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 57,086 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The $25/month plan with PC Mobile displayed on their website is:
20¢/minute Anytime Local Minutes,
40¢/minute Non-Local Calls,
Unlimited Local PC mobile Prepaid to PC mobile Prepaid Calling ,
Unlimited Evenings & Weekends

Koodo's plan actually gives you more as you have 100min free to start off with. I don't know of a company in Canada that sends alerts when you reach your limit for minutes. The data charge may have been a mistake if you have never turned data on in your phone. You can try contacting Koodo and see if they will do something about the charges or give you some credit on your account as you are a new customer and didn't know about these extra charges.

Note: You are only charged $10 for phone calls made to Koodo in which you could've solved the problem by yourself. If you want, you can contact them via Facebook or Twitter dm and not worry about being charged.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,758 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Kim, if you only text and dont need the phone for calls, I recommend Koodo prepaid.

$15 for unlimited texting
You can purchase boosters for talk and data.  If you dont use them they always roll over to the next month (assuming you keep your base texting plan).  This way you will never go over your minutes or data

https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans