I can't change my current plan to any of the promotional plans available as of May 30th, 2018

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I have an unlocked iPhone 6s and a $60 monthly No Tab plan with Koodo (see photo of current rate plan).  I have been a customer with Koodo since they became a company in 2008 (the Leg Lifts commercial sold me), and have always struggled immensely with changing my plan.  Are the promotional rate plans as of May 30th, 2018 only available to new customers?  I scoured the Plans page and fine print and could not find anything that suggested this was the case.  I am a BC resident and my plans have always been bought in BC.  When I add the plan to my cart and click the "change my plan" button, the page is redirected to a list of all the No Tab plans; the promotional plans are nowhere to be found.  I'd like to change my plan to the $45 one that is currently being offered. Could someone please direct me to the correct page or notify a representative so that they can further assist me?

Thanks,

Jess

Photo of Jessica Casablanca

Jessica Casablanca

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Frustrated

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 45,986 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
hi Jess,
The promotion is available online to new customer or customer who upgrade their phone with Koodo. What you saw there is what you can do online.If you have been paying $60 for 3GB and 1000 CW minutes since 2008, then you have missed out of many opportunities for better plans. Last Christmas, they got the promotion $60 for 10GB BYOD.

Now, come back to your case, I would suggest you 2 paths:

- Get a new phone with Koodo on Medium Tab and get that plan online. you would have to pay 45+15=$60, same as you paid before.
- You could call Koodo or send message to Koodo facebook and ask about your case. You could ask the agent transfer you to Koodo retention department or higher level if the 1st level say they could not do anything.
(Edited)
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 24,654 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Jessie are you in Manitoba? Think you have to contact Koodo to get that plan.
Photo of Jessie

Jessie

• 224 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am in Manitoba. I am currently on hold with Koodo but I figured I would ask in this forum as well just so I can avoid the $10 fee Koodo will charge me for helping me. :/
Photo of Mats

Mats

Since you can't pick that plan yourself through self serve they shouldn't charge you $10.
Photo of Jessie

Jessie

• 224 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hey Mat. you're correct. Service rep is changing my plan over the phone as I type and he is doing it free of charge. He said perhaps their is a glitch online... Quick question. Is it better to start the new plan after my next billing payment? It should be fine as I already of 5gb for $48, so I am not in any hurry to get the plan like today....but I will be paying less for more. Win win! :)
Photo of Mats

Mats

Did your old plan have limited minutes? That is the only thing that could cause a problem if it did and you had used up most of your minutes. If not don't worry about it and enjoy your new plan.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.