I called toll free Techsavvy number 877-357 2889 and they guided me for 111 minutes. Koodo charged me $18 for this call - why?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I called toll free Techsavvy number 877-357 2889 and they guided me for router installation for 111 minutes. Koodo charged me $18 for this call - why?
Photo of Nina Krakovna

Nina Krakovna

• 350 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 67,712 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
1-800 calls are not charged as long distance, but are considered local and do count against your regular allotment of minutes.
Photo of Nina Krakovna

Nina Krakovna

• 350 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thank you Bob! Next time I would prefer chatting with them-:)
Photo of Melissa

Melissa, Employee

• 11,748 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Nina, you can always try chatting with Techsavvy or calling them from a landline which doesn't deduct your minutes.  You can also call them during your unlimited nights/weekends period (if you have this feature included in your plan) and it won't deduct your minutes. Hope this helps :)
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

• 33,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
There's also gmail where I used to make calls before unlimited calling. From a computer browser open a gmail account. On the left hand side below your folders there's a call icon. U can call anywhere in the world for free. Unlimited.
(Edited)
Photo of Nabil

Nabil, Employee

• 6,866 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Chadwick,

By "them", Nina probably meant Techsavvy :-). "Next time she would prefer chatting with them (Techsavvy) in order to avoid using minutes with her Koodo phone" ;-).

Thanks
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

• 33,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I'm also with them. And they do have live chat online. Here's the link. Just click chat with an agent.

https://teksavvy.com/en/support/contact
(Edited)
Photo of Nabil

Nabil, Employee

• 6,866 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for letting us know Chadwick :-).

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.