i bought my s8 3 weeks ago and now its $400 off what can i do?

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
I bought an s8 3 weeks ago. I asked the sales clerk if I should wait because the s9 was coming out and I thought the s8 would go on sale. he assured me it takes months after a new phone launch for the older model to reduce in price. trusting him I purchased my s8 for $590 on a tab med. The price now, only 3 weeks later, is $200. can I get a refund for the difference?
Photo of Michael St.Croix

Michael St.Croix

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • sad

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 62,694 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
As its been 3 weeks you won't be able to return it within the 15 day window. You can try contacting Koodo and see if they will be nice enough to issue some sort of credit but there is no guarantee.
If you can somehow get a return on the phone though the S9 is available for $620, only $30 more than the S8.
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 115,070 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I see the S8 Was $390 on Tab M, and now $200 on Tab M.

Did you pay $590 on Tab M?   or Tab S?   
Even Tab S, it's says "Was $510 on Tab S"

Michael St.Croix

3 weeks ago I paid 590 + tax and eviro fees totalling 695.75 exactly on a tab med. I specifically asked the clerk if the phone would drop price with the release of the newer model and he said "definitely not, it's gunna be months until the price drops." I assumed he was an honest guy so I purchased the phone. I'm now feeling cheated on my purchase. I finally got to talk to a rep and he said that there is no way that the sales clerk would be able to see future sale prices and would not be able to answer that question honestly, even though he did and was even backed up by another employee. Oh, and just for proof I took some screen shots.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 41,784 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
@Michael:
Where did you buy it? was it at a Koodo kiosk or a third-party store? The sale personal rarely had detail upcoming pricing. It was a common thing across many brands.

The pricing of Koodo phones are fluctuating by seasons. I am not sure where did you see $400 off. It is only $250off now. It might go back to something else next week. 
(Edited)

Michael St.Croix

Its now 200 I paid 590 that's 400 off the original price that I paid actually 390 but with tax difference it's well over 400 . Got it from a koodo kiosk.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 41,784 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Koodo kiosk was normally not the best place to buy new. You would  have some giftcards from bestbuy, wowmobile, the mobileshop if you activate a new line there.

It would be hard to deal with your case, as you passed the return date of the phones, and they didn't have a price-warranty policy for purchase over 15 days. You also did call. It would be tough to call again. I would wait for a few months and call back to ask if there are some promotions for your case. Or when you upgrade next time, ask for some incentives on Tab payment.
(Edited)