I bought a Samsung Galaxy S8 this past Sunday and now my sim card is stuck in my phone. I need help please

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Answered
I bought a Samsung Galaxy S8 this past Sunday and now my sim card is stuck in my phone. I need help please
Photo of Andrew Perbegloo

Andrew Perbegloo

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of Erwin

Erwin

• 23,486 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Was it inserted wrong and got stucked inside?

Andrew Perbegloo

yes because I put my sim card directly in the phone when just forgotting about the slot to put it in and now its completely stuck, no damage and its still under warrarnty
Photo of Erwin

Erwin

• 23,436 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Bring it to a Koodo Shop and ask to send your phone away for repair. I don't recommend trying to take it off yourself, it could damage the connector pins inside. It honestly happens, my friend has done it and I've seen other people do this.

Keep in mind, because this is not a manufacturer defect, you may get charged for the repair and may have to pre-approve a certain amount.

Andrew Perbegloo

alrighty thanks for the advice! yes I won't do anything at all of course not lol too risky and it be kinda silly to do it. The phone works I assure you, everything is just fine with it, its just purely a stuck sim card, and thankfully its underwarranty, and price cost repairs is fine

Andrew Perbegloo

what are the chances of they just replacing the phone for warranty purposes though? they should be able to do that
Photo of Erwin

Erwin

Are you wondering if the store can just do an exchange rather than sending it away for repair? Or when the phone is sent away for repair that the repair centre will replace your phone?

If it is the first one, it won't be possible because it is not a manufacturer defect and it will have to be sent away for repair. We honestly don't know what the repair tech will do, they can just replace your phone to another S8 or fix the problem and you'll have the same S8. If you are concerned about the repair time, it normally takes just a few business days. You can also track your repair in your Koodo self-serve.

Andrew Perbegloo

Alrighty thanks for the help!
Photo of Erwin

Erwin

You're welcome, I'm glad I can help and don't feel bad, it happens even to people I know personally.
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 101,900 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
He could also remove the SIM card over there if they have the tools...

Andrew Perbegloo

what would they use if they have the necessary tools? I mean this is a stuck sim card
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 179,016 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I wouldnt trust a kiosk person to do this.  They are not trained.