I bought a $50 Visa Vanilla gift card so I could buy a 500mb data booster for my account and its not accepting the card.

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
All i have is a base plan of 15 a month for unlimited texting and i have an Lg G3
Photo of kyle lie

kyle lie

• 70 Points
  • pissed off

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 75,648 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
@Kyle, that is is the one of two prepaid cards we do not accept. We had too much trouble with them Any other brand should work.

http://help.koodomobile.com/self-serve/Billing-and-Payment/How-do-I-pay-my-bill-2
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 62,114 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Prepaid VISA brands that are not acceptable.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,648 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
  • With a prepaid credit card. (Excludes Ideal Choice and Vanilla prepaid credit cards. Some companies may charge a transaction fee. Please contact the prepaid credit card issuer directly for details.)
Photo of Amber Irwin

Amber Irwin

• 156 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
that is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. I just got a $200 card for nothing. i have not been impressed sinse the day i signed up
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 90,950 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Is the issue you got a 200 dollar card that Koodo will not accept? Well if a company has issues with x brand then it is issues I suppose. You can still use it to pay for most things without issue and use online banking to pay your bill.
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 112,838 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
@Amber
Did you receive $200 Vanilla gift card?  Then you should use it as soon as possible.

This's happened to me long time ago, but I have to tell you.  My daughter received Vanilla gift card as a BD gift and haven't used for a long while. Then when we are ready to use it... poof!, the amount was all gone under the name of "monthly fee". (They shouldn't do that!!!  And I didn't think they can do that!)

Buy a visa gift card with your vanilla gift card or any other stuff that you can/want. 
(Edited)