I bought a 150MB US roaming, and used only 76MB, but was charge 5MB fee for $5. Can you explain this?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: No longer valid due to Easy Roam

I bought a 150MB US roaming, and used only 76MB, but was charge 5MB fee for $5.  Can you explain this?
Photo of Dina Ding

Dina Ding

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • dissatisfied.

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

• 60,848 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Did you add the roaming while in the US or before leaving? Does is specifically say that the 5$ fee was for 5mb of roaming?
Photo of Dina Ding

Dina Ding

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
it's an add-on plan, so basically 150 MB should all be roaming.  the charged 5 mb is just among all the other usages, without any difference. I don't know why this 5MB cost me $5. that's creepy. 
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,648 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Dina,

"Did you add the roaming while in the US or before leaving?" - Mathieu

Go to your PDF ebill by logging to into your self serve from a web browser to see more details.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 89,270 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'll bet it's a tiny amount (possibly reported as 0.00 MB) of 1X data. There have been a number of reports of this on this community. I recommend calling Koodo to discuss removal of the fee, if it is as such.  Note: 1X data was associated with the older CDMA (no SIM card) technology, which has been replaced by newer technologies in Canada, since about 2009.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.