I asked for my phone to be suspended from the 1st Nov. 2017 until 1st Apr. 2018.. Just paid 102+ Explain

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
I asked for my phone to be suspended from the 1st Nov. 2017 until 1st Apr. 2018 ! I was just billed over 102 dollars despite not using my phone in November. Please explain.
Photo of Ted Miller

Ted Miller

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,584 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Suspending is your phone doesn't mean you don't have to pay the bill. If your going out of country you can put your account on a seasonal hold (which is different than suspending your phone as this is used for lost or stolen phones usually to avoid extra charges from the thief accessing your device) for a small fee of $10 per month but keep in mind that this just holds your number and you will lose your plan and have to choose a plan that's available at the time of taking the seasonal hold off your account. You will have to pay any outstanding balance when you put your account in seasonal hold as well, so if you have a month still owing before you put on the seasonal hold you will need to pay that in full.
(Edited)
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,488 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The Seasonal hold is $15/month now :(
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,716 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Did you view your PDF invoice, downloaded from self-serve? It will list all the charges. If you cancelled your plan, you would also need to pay any Tab left on the phone, which could explain part of the bill.
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 30,412 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Who/how did you ask for your phone to be suspended, Ted? The only way to do this would be through a rep, either by phone or by contacting us via private message on Facebook or Twitter. I don't see any notes indicating this on your account.
Photo of Ted Miller

Ted Miller

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
My wife called. She forgot to bring the name and date of the rep she spoke with. Can this be notice of suspension until 1April 2018 please. Thanks Ted. If not we’re done!
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,140 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Ted, 

I think you will need to contact Koodo via facebook or twitter and then a Koodo rep will confirm that you are the account holder.

Note that suspending means your phone will not connect to the network but you will be billed your full monthly plan.

I think you a re looking for a seasonal hold, which costs $15/month and when you get back you can remove yourself from season hold on self serve by selecting a current in-market plan