I am unable to call/receive calls or send/receive text messages from 905 to 289 and 647.

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of Liz

Liz

• 400 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Anna

Anna

• 6,126 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello Liz! Did you always have this issue or it just started to happen? What error message are you getting exactly? Try to turn off your phone, take out the SIM and battery (if possible) for a few minutes and try again!
Photo of Liz

Liz

It's a Moto E.
Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

• 60,828 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Liz, shut down the phone and remove the SIM card for a few minutes, then put the SIM card back in and try again.
Photo of Liz

Liz

Mathieu, I tried doing that.  I'll try again.  Thanks for the tip.    Liz
Photo of Tayeb A

Tayeb A, Employee

• 18,164 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Liz,

If you still need help after trying the above suggestions, please let us know.

Thank you!
Photo of Liz

Liz

I spoke with a Koodo techie who told me to go to a Koodo kiosk.  I probably need a new Sim card.   Thanks.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I think you're better off calling tech support on this one because it might be more involved that any of us are able to help with here. It could be an issue with your phone #.
Photo of Liz

Liz

Thanks, Jonathan.  I did call and I was told to go to a Koodo kiosk.  I probably need a new Sim card.   Thanks.
Photo of Nabil

Nabil, Employee

• 6,486 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for letting us know Liz. If changing your SIM card solves the issue, let us know.

Thanks
Photo of Liz

Liz

I will.  I plan to go to the Koodo kiosk after work and will post the results on the form here.  Everyone has been so very helpful and I appreciate everyone advice.  Thanks!
Photo of Liz

Liz

Hello, Gving you a heads up that the problem was indeed my sim card and the Koodo techie was able to help. Just to let you know that with the Moto E, you can only take out the sim card and not the battery.  My phone is operational now.  My heartfelt thanks to all who gave me great advice.  What an awesome forum!
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Good to hear! I'm glad it was just a SIM issue and not backend related, as those can usually take longer and sometimes cause more headaches. We're always glad to help.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.