I am leaving canada can I suspend a phone for 4 months

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of Glenys Kent

Glenys Kent

  • 70 Points

Posted 2 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

  • 196,140 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes. It is called a Seasonal Hold Plan.  You can be on this plan for up to 6 months
Photo of BobTheElectrician


  • 67,378 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It costs $15 a month and will reserve your number for you but your service becomes dormant (not even voicemail) and your current plan is cancelled. You don't have to cash out your tab.. those payments remain as usual.

When you re-activate, you will have to choose from plans currently available at that point. Used to offered on self-service but was recently moved to agent-only (call *611 or leave a private message on Koodo's Facebook page).
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

  • 33,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
There's only a small team monitoring the Facebook page. I would try customer care first, if there's an abnormally long wait at that point I would try Facebook.
Photo of Tiz


  • 4,604 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
I will leave Canada for 5 month in a couple of months. I am trying to figure out if I can go for a "pay as you go" service where I can port my number and have at least an emergency service. $15/month for a damn nothing is a really  R I P  O F F, I could accept $5/month (although it is still a rip off) but 15 is really too much. This is showing how greedy are these companies.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

  • 196,120 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I recommend you port to 7-11's SpeakOut prepaid plans.  They are the cheapest way to hold your number while you are away.

Note that porting out or porting to Koodo prepaid will mean you need to pay off your tab in full