How do I remove flight mode description?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Whenever I put on flight mode this pops up and it's annoying me!! when i search videos about flight mode on youtube I don't see the people getting this pop up before the icons pop up to turn on/turn off...I basically want to get rid of that, and just for it to show the turn on/turn off icons...i don't need this description pop up every time. Is there a way to disable it?? I have a Samsung Galaxy s3
Photo of VictoriaJ

VictoriaJ

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Rocky Balboa

Rocky Balboa

• 20,414 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
There's no way to get rid of this. I'm assuming it doesn't pop up for apple iphones but it always does for Androids. I could be wrong on this but some assurity would be great.
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 109,588 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I can confirm it doesn't pop up for Apple devices!
Photo of Jeff Bastien

Jeff Bastien

• 470 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I believe that is a part of Samsung's TouchWiz UI. Each android manufacturer puts their own unique spin on the android software. I have never gotten this prompt on my Nexus 4.
Photo of jackies

jackies

• 1,146 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I'm not sure if this is the same thing I have.I have a Samsung Galaxy lll and I noticed a plane icon. ThenI get a messsgmessage thst says disable flight mode but I don't know where to this ? ( Sorry about the small I after "then" ..my phone^ keyboard wouldn't let me put a space!?!)
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 109,588 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Maybe from the notification panel when you scroll from the up to down?

If not try this? http://support.bell.ca/Mobility/Smart...
Photo of jackies

jackies

• 1,146 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I actually found mine settings and then more networks...I don't know how it got turned on
..maybe when they put the new SIM card in.
Photo of VictoriaJ

VictoriaJ

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The videos I searched on Youtube is flight mode on samsung galaxy s3, the one video i seen the person was in the states (at&t i think), don't know if that would make a difference? but when the person went to enable flight mode the enable flight mode description didn't pop up like what i'm getting it just went straight to the icons to enable or cancel flight mode.
Photo of Rocky Balboa

Rocky Balboa

• 20,414 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
As far as my understanding I have a Samsung Galaxy s2 and it gives me this prompt automatically.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 204,088 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It does NOT show up on ALL androids, just Samsung Androids running touch whiz

But rocky is right that its not removable

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.