• Answered
Photo of Aaron Macdonald

Aaron Macdonald

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of quasarito

quasarito

• 9,738 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Are you asking for a 403 area code? Or a number starting with 403, eg: XXX-403-XXXX ?
Photo of Aaron Macdonald

Aaron Macdonald

I wanted a number starting with 403 as area code. eg:403-XXX-XXXX
Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

• 31,012 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You can log into your Self Service account and change your number at no cost...

You will be able to choose a 403 Area Code number if you currently live in Alberta... If you just moved, most likely you will need to Call Customer Service since when you change provinces you wont be presented any options for different provinces on the Self Service account...
Photo of Aaron Macdonald

Aaron Macdonald

I'm in Alberta right now.....i have been to couple of stores but they are offering me a number starting with 587 as my area code....so is there any particular carriers that may offer 403 as the area code?
Photo of Myke

Myke

• 45,090 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It's going to come down to what's available to pick from. 403 may not have any numbers currently available, which is why you're getting 587 as the selection. No providers can guarantee a specific area code either.
Photo of Jorden

Jorden, Mobile Master

• 33,404 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Yeah 403 numbers can appear day by day depending on the city. Basically around 6 or so years ago southern Alberta (and Northern Alberta) began running out of 403/780 numbers so the Alberta wide area code of 587 was introduced. It's still a local number even though you have a bit of a different number from everyone else.

Or you can keep checking every day to see if some 403 numbers have opened up. Some days would have more than others and what numbers appear are completely random. You're more likely to have the freedom to choose the last 4 you want with a 587 number.
Photo of yasir ahmed

yasir ahmed

• 70 Points
I can get u a 403 number for any carrier
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 141,558 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
?
Photo of Daniel Kim

Daniel Kim, Mobile Master

• 34,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
6 months ago....
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

LOL THANKS Daniel, how could I have missed that... sorry everyone carry on... nothing to see here.
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

Almeen, there is a possibility if Koodo does not have numbers available... you could try to see if you can get a prepaid account with Rogers, Bell or Telus. Different carriers sometimes have a different range of available numbers, and you might be able to get the number you want. Then all you have to do is port it across to your Koodo account.

It is not a cost free option, but depending on how badly you need a 403 number, it might be something to look into :)

EDIT: OOPS Dreadfully sorry, I didn't realize this was a 6 months old resurrected thread!!! Must speak to my optician soon to get new glasses :P I totally read "6 minutes ago"!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.