How do I change the number of rings before going to voicemail on a Blackberry Bold 9790?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
How do I change the number of rings before going to voicemail on a Blackberry Bold 9790? It only rings twice now. I can't find any way to adjust it.
Photo of Dean Finlay

Dean Finlay

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There is no way currently to adjust this.
Photo of Ry

Ry

• 5,552 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Dial *#61#
Write down the number it pops up with. This is your voicemail access number
then dial
**61*1 number *11*xx#

where xx is the time in seconds (not rings) you want to wait before going to voicemail.
Minimum is 5 seconds and maximum is 30 seconds.
Make sure 1 is infront of your access number.
Photo of Ry

Ry

• 5,552 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I tested it before posting, and confirmed I could make it 5 seconds and 30 seconds. I'm not sure what the default is, as I forgot to test that before making the change. I found 20 seconds a good number, about 5 rings
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Good to know.
Photo of Curtules

Curtules

• 19,666 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
The default ringtime before getting forwarded to voicemail is 25 seconds.
Photo of floridot

floridot

• 72 Points
Yes, these codes worked for me, changed it to 20 seconds
Photo of Kia Rich

Kia Rich

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
i just read this answer in a different thread, and there is said you have to pick a multiple of 5 seconds, eg: 10, 15, 20, 25, etc, not 17 seconds. These instructions have worked on my iphone 4S, even though the instructions were for a Blackberry. Try it no matter what phone you have and see if it works.
Photo of k

k

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I tired it, it does not work. Keep saying CONNECTION PROBLEM or INVALID MMI code.
Photo of spryced

spryced

• 178 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Did not work for me. I got an error message. But it must have worked before because I managed to change it, now it is back to 2 rings.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,186 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It's possible that with software upgrades, Blackberry may have done away with this mmi code. Oddly, the code still works in Android 6.0.1., (S7 Edge and S5 Neo). On some phones, you may have to press the call or send button for the *#61# and **61*+1##########*11*xx# codes to work.
(Edited)
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,140 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Weird.  For me the way to shorten or extend the ring time is *61*NUMBER**XX#+SEND where XX is the number of seconds