How to get money back from a negative bill amount?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 1-866-995-6636

I switched from a monthly customer to prepaid at the beginning of the year. I keep getting monthly bills of a negative amount due. I understand that normally this amount would be deducted from my next month's bill, but since I no longer have a plan I just keep getting a negative bill amount. Is there a way to use this amount towards my prepaid bills? Or do I have to cancel my monthly plan to get that money back?

Thanks!
Photo of Mifferette

Mifferette

• 174 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Unsure

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 67,058 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Contact customer service. Normally when you switch from monthly to prepaid with Koodo, you will be credited for any unused paid portion of your plan.

Something is not ringing correctly. Why are you still receiving the monthly plan bills?
Photo of Mifferette

Mifferette

When I switched to prepaid, I had to create a new account. So essentially I have "two" accounts. My old account which is the monthly plan is where I'm still getting "billed" each month for the unused paid portion
Photo of Mifferette

Mifferette

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How to get money back from a negative bill amount?.

I switched from a monthly customer to prepaid at the beginning of the year. I keep getting monthly bills of a negative amount due. I understand that normally this amount would be deducted from my next month's bill, but since I no longer have a plan I just keep getting a negative bill amount. Is there a way to use this amount towards my prepaid bills? Or do I have to cancel my monthly plan to get that money back?

Thanks!
Photo of Karine

Karine

• 2,422 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hi MIfferette! You will have to contact our Customer Service by dialing 1-866-995-6636 and the negative amount will be refunded by a cheque sent by mail as it cannot be transferred to a prepaid account. Hope this helps! 
Photo of Mifferette

Mifferette

After Customer Service, the amount was actually transferred to my prepaid account instead of getting a refund by cheque. Finally resolved!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.