How to change number using SNR

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I will be living in the US part time and signing up , and purchasing a US SIM card, but I will be keeping my Koodo account and number active, for when I am back in Canada. How do I make my Koodo # the virtual number on my US provider
? Bell Canada has something called "single number reach" (SNR) . Does Koodo offer the same thing?
Photo of peter hunter

peter hunter

  • 70 Points

Posted 4 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

  • 142,984 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I'm afraid not, Peter. You might be able to port your number to a VOIP provider such as Fongo or Freephoneline, but in that case you can't keep your Koodo plan... you can't have both unfortunately :(
Photo of Jason Smith

Jason Smith

  • 1,020 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Here`s a little trick:

1) Change your Koodo to the smallest plan possible
2) Set up permanent call forwarding with Koodo for $3 a month to your US number
3) All calls will be sent to your US number whenever someone calls your Koodo number.

The only thing is that you would have to pay for two phone plans until you come home. Just an idea to have your cake and eat it too.

Good luck.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.