How NeW tab discount?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

How this new tab is working. Old one is better becasue we got something and in new TAB say we have to pay everythnig.

Like let see Phone price is $600.00 So I want to put $360 through my tab for 24 months ($15/month for 24 months) and rest $240. I have to pay. But after all 24 months I paid ($15X24=$360)+($240 when buy)=Total $600 wo where koodo give me discount?

Can you please explain me......???????????? :(
Photo of Ankur Patel

Ankur Patel

• 70 Points

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 190,606 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
For getting a phone, the new plans and tab are not better. No one is arguing that
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There is supposedly a discount built into the price of your plan.
Photo of bogdan A.

bogdan A.

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
right, so when i get a phone advertised at 0$ with a 24 months plan i see the retail price 360$, the "discount" -360$ and then the 15$/month which is actually the retail price in 24 months.so, THIS IS A SCAM !!! I can't understand how this could be legal in a country like Canada!
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

The plan includes the no tab discount.

By having the phone subsidy broken out you know what you pay for the plan and what you pay for the phone. If you compare to other places it ends up costing the same over 2 years.

At Koodo, once the two years is over you automatically get the plan with the no subsidy discount built into the plan. With the other providers you still keep paying the higher subsidized plan unless you ask for the no subsidy discount.
Photo of bogdan A.

bogdan A.

Well Denins, it's correct to have the costs separatlely, but they advertise the phone at 0$ and in fact you pay the full price.
I'm sorry, but that is a "loan", not a "discount".
That is deceiving advertising and i'm surprised everione is ok with that.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

Would you feel better if they just Jack up all the plans by $15 and say the phone was free?
(Edited)
Photo of bogdan A.

bogdan A.

you are not getting the point, 
i'm saying they're actually lying the customers.

and by the way, in 2015, in a real concurential market, you should pay around 20$ for a plan that now costs 50$(i'm talking about all the telecom companies). And that is also true for the internet connections, where you have to pay "only"(this makes me laugh) 70$ for the first months and then, the lovely price of 150$!!!! for a service that shoul be around 40-50$ all the time!
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Theyre not lying because they clearly tell customers that a tab charge will be added for 24 months. Congratulations on figuring out that its really not a subsidy and more a loan. I've been saying that forever. But to say Koodo is lying to their customers and being aggresive just makes you look like that completely irrational customer that no one listens to or even likes.
Photo of bogdan A.

bogdan A.

sorry, my bad for not understanding how 0$ = 360$.
You can call it however you want so that it's not "aggressive".
and sorry for not reading your posts!
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 113,466 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I don't say Koodo is lying to customers, but they are making many customers confused.

Example:
" Retail price$410
 Activation credit-$50
 Tab discount-360

Pay now subtotal$0

$15/mo. Tab charge for 24 mos."

They shouldn't say "Tab discount", They should say "Tab Loan" or "Tab Financing" or something like that.
(Edited)
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 64,024 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The real scam was offering you an expensive phone for very low payments provided you signed up for a lengthy plan + penalties, and then needing to have a 65 cell spreadsheet to understand where everything was going for each month.

Now it seems everybody wants to divorce the service costs from the equipment costs, as it really should be.

You are financing the phone. The plan is more basic. Decide to switch at any time in the future and the balance/penalties owning are clearly known.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.