How many phones can I connect to the wireless home phone hub?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Bell currently supports up to 8 western electric 500 set phones. ie any more and they won't ring.
How many 500 set phones can I connect to the hub before they won't ring any more. Its a current question.
Photo of Chris

Chris

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Do you know the ring equivalent of the phones?

Have these phones been converted to use the newer pots systems?

Also Koodo home phone doesn't support pulse dialing.
(Edited)
Photo of Chris

Chris

Hello Chad,  These phones use pots and some of my phones are pulse.
I guess another way to look at my problem is what is your REN (Ringer Equivalency number) rating for the hub? This will determine how many phones I can connect to the hub.
Thanks
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,614 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Most electronic telephone interfaces (ATA etc) seem to have a REN between 3 and 5. the ZTE unit appears to have no published REN or Vrms information.

Most folks are choosing cordless phones to easily distribute signal throughout their homes, rather than deal with wiring changes.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Except our OP enjoys antiques . I have one of these two but someone removed the bell works from it before it got to me. Would love to hear it ring.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,614 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Then possibly a Ring Booster is what is needed, though it won't address pulse (rotary) dialing issue.
Photo of Chris

Chris

Thanks for help! I'll have to try it out and see how many phones will ring. A ring booster may be needed as I have a few antique phones. They are great when a telemarketer doesn't understand the word no. ie they make a loud noise when you slam the handset down. :)