How does $30 plan with Med tab clean $300 tab within 24-month?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hi There,

I just upgraded my device to Nexus 5 with $300 tab. The representative said that I could clean my tab within 24 months, but my math does not add up. Each month, $9.5 ($5 from Med tab payment and 15% from my $30 monthly plan) will be contributed into my tab, and that adds up to $228 in 24 month. What's about the rest $72? Would those be wiped out from my tab by the end of 24 months?

Thank you
Photo of songhonggan

songhonggan

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,866 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes it would be wiped out at the end of the 24 months. It's a like a free $72 since your plan is so cheap. A place like Rogers would have required you to have a much higher plan to get an equivalent subsidy
Photo of Daniel Gunn

Daniel Gunn

• 19,800 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi there,

When it comes to the way the tab works is that Koodo has a 24 month tab guarantee that makes it so your tab is cleared after 24 months. So when it breaks it down over two years it is an equal payment that you and Koodo are putting towards the tab it states on your contract when you sign it that it takes $12.50 each month off of the monthly bill. The $9.50 that you are paying is what you see that comes off, the other $3/month is what Koodo pays on your tab so that it clears itself in the background when you reach the end of the 2 years.

Hope that helps answer your question :)
Photo of Daniel Gunn

Daniel Gunn

• 19,800 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
I apologize (typo), it doesn't take $12.50 off the monthly bill, it states that when you're on a tab medium that it takes $12.50 off your tab each month so that it equals out to $300 at the end of 24 months. Sorry for any confusion!
Photo of songhonggan

songhonggan

No worries, thank you, Daniel!
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 107,634 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
CRTC rules are that they need to clear the tab in 24 months. So I guess that's a yes
Photo of songhonggan

songhonggan

Wow, that's great! Thank you for your timely response, guys! and thank you, Koodo!!
Photo of Billy

Billy

• 584 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
15% of your plans goes towards paying off the phone. but if your tab does not clear out in 24 month, on your second bill you will see your percentage for your tab changes slightly to align with the rate.
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 107,634 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
But you won't pay extra money!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.