How do the security settings work on the alcatel a392a?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
How do I activate the PIN? It wants me to 'input pin', and says the 'remaining quota' is 3. I've never set a PIN. And how do I 'activate phone lock'? It asks me to 'enter new password'. Does that mean I should make up a password and enter it? What effect would that have, exactly? Would I have to enter the password every time the phone rang before I could answer?
Photo of doggoneright

doggoneright

• 790 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 103,372 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hello

I think what you are looking at is the SIM pin. Have you added a SIM pin to your card? Are you using a SIM locked card from another carrier?
Photo of doggoneright

doggoneright

I bought the phone new (or so I was told) from Best Buy and have only used it with Koodo.  I don't know if there's a SIM pin on my card.  Sorry!
Photo of Melissa

Melissa, Employee

• 11,748 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey! Are you able to use your phone? Where in your phone is it asking for you to enter your PIN? Let us know! 
Photo of doggoneright

doggoneright

I can use the phone for calling and internet.  It's asking me to enter a PIN in settings/security settings/activate PIN.  I'm trying to figure out how to set a lock on the phone, and what effect the lock would have (as I said in the first post).
Photo of Daniel

Daniel, Employee

• 5,702 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi doggoneright!

Here are the instructions on how to activate a phone lock PIN:

Go to Settings > Select Security settings > Select Activate Phone Code > Enter your new Password, then press OK key . Enter Password again, then press OK key.

Each time you turn on your phone, it will ask you for your PIN.
Photo of doggoneright

doggoneright

Thanks.  I guess there's no way of having the alcatel a392a locked and turned on at the same time.  Oh well.  Dumb phone.  But it was worth every penny!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.