How do I disengage from the account of my ex?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 1-866-995-6636

Hello! Following a divorce , I am attempting to disengage my phone charges from the bill of my ex. Dialling 611 was not helpful because there is no option ...unless I somehow missed perform this action. What shall I do? Thank you.
Photo of Taina


  • 70 Points
  • unsure

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

  • 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'm not sure that I follow. Do you have two lines that you want to separate into two accounts? If so, you'll need to complete a transfer of ownership request at a Koodo store. A credit check will be performed for the person who isn't the current account owner. Both of you will need to provide ID.
Photo of HippieLongstocking


  • 24,720 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Taina, actually, this isn't something that can be done at a kiosk, other than the sales rep calling customer service for you from their landline.

It must be done with Customer Service over the phone (1-866-995-6636 or *611 from your cell). If you both can be present, and just hand the phone over to each other, that would be the easiest, otherwise you'll both have to call in to do the transfer.

Quickest way to get in touch with them is when you call, hit 1, then zero a bunch of times, and that will get you past the menu, and to a person.

Good luck Taina!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.