How do I apply my $100 upgrade offer to buy a new phone online?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: positive tab mentions

I've received a text offer that expires Sept 30 but have found no way to apply the offer to upgrade my phone online
Photo of Heather Prime

Heather Prime

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated! I can't find an answer anywhere

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 81,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Heather, the message did say to visit your closest Koodo store to receive the offer, right?
Photo of Heather Prime

Heather Prime

No, it does say that. In fact, it makes no reference at all as to how use the offer.
Photo of Heather Prime

Heather Prime

Typing too fast - to be clear: it doesn't say visit your closest store. 
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,898 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Can you post a screenshot of the exact message because it should indeed say to take advantage visit your local kiosk basically meaning it's not eligible for upgrades online, only in person at the kiosk.
(Edited)
Photo of Sarah Robert

Sarah Robert

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi, this thread is about the same thing: https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/i-got-a-txt-message-offer-can-i-use-it-for-an-online-...

The conclusion there from the Koodo rep was that you can use the offer for an online-only phone, but that it'll have to be applied as a credit to your tab rather than as an upfront discount like it would be in-person at the kiosk. The message does NOT specify you have to go to your local kiosk - I got the same one. It says "Great news! Your exclusive offer has been extended until September 30, 2016. Plus, we've increased the amount of your offer to $100! That means when you upgrade to ANY new phone with the Tab you will get an additional $100 off the price of any phone in our line-up! Monthly Tab charge and conditions apply."

I have the same issue and am hoping to get confirmation that I can use my credit on an iPhone 7+.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,798 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Out of curiosity, not having received the texts, did the original text referenced in the one you quoted, state anything about where you could redeem the credit? It becomes like two sentences in a paragraph.
Photo of Sarah Robert

Sarah Robert

And here's the the original text message that the extension was applied to: "Exclusive offer for (phone number) until September 15, 2016. Upgrade to any new phone with the Tab and get an additional $50 off! Our hottest offer is the LG G4 for $0 with Tab Medium, a savings of $190 off the retail price! Monthly Tab charge and conditions apply."
Photo of Sarah Robert

Sarah Robert

Must've been typing my comment as you were typing yours, dfbutt. See the original text above. Does not specify where the credit can be redeemed.
Photo of Shawn Kavanagh

Shawn Kavanagh

• 590 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi I had a very similar issue

I had a positive TAB balance on my wife's line
Then one day I got the $100 offer
But now it expired and her positive TAB balance ALSO was zero'd out!
How do we get the old balances restored?

Was it lost because promo override the original TAB?
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,798 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Should not have been. You might want to send a private message through the Koodo Facebook Page or a DM via Twitter. Just now confirming account activity is faster through those methods than waiting on the phone.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.