high bill

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: no longer relevant

This is my first month using Koodo, they already promised me 15% off every month but now I received full amount bill.
Photo of Ali Alajmi

Ali Alajmi

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 139,982 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Call customer service. Nobody on here has access to your account, therefore nobody on here can help you with this.
Photo of CC

CC

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The first bill always have charges on them andnwhen tou have a promo the fompany will warn u that the charges will still show but that the next bill it will work its self out. So MOBILE MASTER, How do u know someone here doesn't have the answer... I had the very same thing happen and I found the solution. Also... the point of "FAQs" is so other customers can ask and ANSWER other people questions. It's community help... and when that person asked the question he prob thought it was going to someone at koodo! As I did the first time I asked a question!!! I'd pick the 2nd idea in this situation. The proper answer MOBILE MASTER is most likely that the first bill always looks high they assure you when you get the first bill there may be charges on it that will recover itself on the next bill. They tell you either pay it and get credited or just ignore it and it will smooth out the wrinkles on its own on the following bill... I know this is 2 years old. But had to comment for other people who have the same issue with a new phone and a higher then expected first bill
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

The OP was asking why they were not receiving the 15% discount they were promised. Please explain to me exactly how your post addresses this, as your explanation seems to address only the prorated charges on the first bill.
Photo of Chris Petersens

Chris Petersens

• 47,266 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
What 15%? The 15% is to pay off your phone. If you bought your phone outright and you are wondering anbout the 10% discount you can get if you don't take their tab that's different. That needs to be added to your account.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

The no tab discount is also 10%, not 15%.
Photo of Ali Alajmi

Ali Alajmi

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I should call customer service and get all info about my bill. Is there any live chat with presenative or i must give them a call ?
Photo of Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• 50,798 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Also, the word promise is thrown around like confetti. Let's all abolish that word from our vocabulary.

As a new customer, the discount is applied as of the first bill.
Photo of hong liu

hong liu

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I got my first bill for my $40 plan. I am using my own unlocked phone. I was expecting $36 +tax for the new month, but got charged full $40 +tax + 4 (extra days for Pre-cycle). Called Koodo and she told me the 10% will be reflected on my next bill.

This sounds odd. If this is the norm, then I wonder how much confusion this would cause to new customers.
Photo of Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• 50,798 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Being a new customer, the discount should be on the first bill.
Photo of CC

CC

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
No...for some reason they always smooth it out on the 2nd bill. I've activated a few phones in my clumsy life...and it's ALWAYS the same ... 1st bill WTF!!!? . 2nd bill sigh uuuhh ok!!! It's all good now!
Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

• 60,828 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That's because you are charged for the first period of use plus the next month. It's called proration. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.