help I cant send text messages on my huawei ascend y330

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I for some reason cannot send text messages on my huawei ascend y330, I can type out a text message no problem but when I go to hit the send button the send button is grayed out, and also when I go to turn it on my phone says it has no SIM card in it even though it has a SIM card in it
Photo of Kyle Keagan

Kyle Keagan

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Make sure you're not typing your message where the recipients phone number is supposed to go.

Are you able to make calls?
Photo of Senior B Bube

Senior B Bube

• 60 Points
Yes i can make a call, but in message menu doesn't work, i cant send or receive message form my contact
Photo of Carol Kenny

Carol Kenny

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I can receive messages, I have 6 non sent massages with a triangle in red with an explanation markĀ 
Photo of Kyle Keagan

Kyle Keagan

Yes I am able to make calls
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 67,714 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Pull the battery (if feasible) and SIM card out, gently clean SIM contacts with a pencil eraser, wait 15 minutes, re-assemble and re-start phone.

Sounds like an issue with the SIM. Was this phone/SIM provided by Koodo as an original purchase or did you bring your own phone and just buy a SIM from Koodo?

Still under warranty: *611 or visit a boutique to swap out the SIM.
Photo of Kyle Keagan

Kyle Keagan

Yes I bought the phone and the SIM from koodo as a prepaid phone
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 67,714 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Every single prepaid plan includes unlimited text messages, so it's not as if you've bumped your head on a limit ceiling.

Did you try my SIM/phone reset suggestions above?

Can you actually send YOURSELF a text successfully?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.