Have 500Mb + 500Mb data plan, but phone screen says my limit is 500. Confused

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Customer was able to resolve issue - problem was related to counter set on device and not related to self serve.

As my title says, for about 2 months I have had the $40 plan that says I have 500Mb + 500Mb Shock-free Data. From these boards I've read that means I have 1000 Mb. However, I am currently at 475Mb and my phone is making me nervous. It is saying my limit is 500Mb.  Doesn't this limit message come from Koodo?  I'm worried if it shuts the data down at 500, and I turn it back on, it will start giving me extra charges.  If a Koodo employee could explain I'd really appreciate it thanks
Photo of Duncan

Duncan

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
What does it say in your Self Serve usage? You should have 2 500 MB counters.
Photo of Duncan

Duncan

My self-serve usage says I have used 475 of 1024 Mb.  (not sure why that extra 24 is there, either?)
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 42,136 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Then you should be good for 1GB, the message could come from your own cell phone. You properly have set the data usage warning in settings --> network --> mobile data.
Photo of Duncan

Duncan

There is just one counter, saying 1024, btw.
Photo of Duncan

Duncan

Thanks guys, I mistakenly thought that Koodo set that data limit. Problem solved.
Photo of Scotty B Good

Scotty B Good

• 186 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Good Day to you Duncan,

May I suggest that you reiterate (say), exactly what you wrote in your blog to the KOODO Mobile Customer Service Team.  Their toll-free phone number is 1866 995 6636.

Scott

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.