Has the Galaxy A5 2017 (SM-A520W) gotten the 8.0 update yet?

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
Hello there!

I happen to have a Galaxy A5 2017 and I have been waiting for the 8.0 oreo update for a while now. On the official samsung members forum, I read that the official date for the update was June 11th. Hooray! Except that it is now the 15th and no update.
Photo of Danny

Danny

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Sad because the other countries have the update and we're stuck waiting.

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 97,462 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If it hasn't been pushed out to you yet then no. Samsung might have delayed it slightly or carriers might need a few days to push it out after receiving it. I wouldn't worry about it. Often has small delays and it'll come.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,596 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Just check mine and no it hasn't been pushed yet... Where did you read about it being released and were they talking about the Canadian version, or carrier versions, or unlocked international version? Do you have a link to the article you can share
(Edited)
Photo of Danny

Danny

I read the news here @ https://community.samsungmembers.com/...
They talked about the Canadian version specifically, no carriers.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,596 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Just read this and carriers have nothing to do with updates to Samsung devices anymore according to the moderator so I guess your best to ask Samsung directly through there or one of their social media accounts across the web. If you do find a definitive answer from them somewhere feel free to share it here I'd love to hear what they say.
Photo of Danny

Danny

Alrighty then. Thank you!
Photo of Hugh Gilmore

Hugh Gilmore

• 62 Points
Still no update as of posting.
Photo of Vincent

Vincent

• 60 Points
Samsung Canada must be working hard on removing features from the update. Like the FM radio... Unlike the rest of the world.