Google just dropped the nexus 4 by $100

• Praise
  • Updated 5 years ago
Holy cow, google just dropped the nexus 4 by $100! What a great deal for that phone now and I would expect koodo and other carriers to reflect that price drop soon too. Of course the nexus 5 is right around the corner, but for people who don't mind getting the nexus 4, it's a steal at that price now!

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/08/...
Photo of Bob Smith

Bob Smith

• 1,492 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I expect this is due to the Nexus 5 being announced soon. That's still an amazing deal!
Photo of Humberto Giambrone

Humberto Giambrone

• 4,900 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Great price, at the very least for a backup phone even if you are into the newest shiniest things. What a great deal! It was already a great deal!

I've never had a Nexus and I'm committed to the Nexus 5, I can hardly wait, but I'm going to consider this as a secondary phone.
Photo of Bob Smith

Bob Smith

I know, if I wasn't waiting for the nexus 5 as well, I would jump at this price right now. It was already king of its price range and now it's $100 less!

I can't wait for the nexus 5 to come out so I can ditch my slow, laggy, and freezing pos galaxy ace 2x. It is a low end phone so I got what I paid for, but it is a very frustrating to use phone if you want to use like any apps at all.
Photo of Some random Mobile Master

Some random Mobile Master, Mobile Master

• 39,554 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
omg, that's an amazing deal! I almost hate having one already because I feel like I'm missing out on this deal :P Now I need to convince the g/f that no, a larger phone won't look out of place up to her ear!
Photo of Moonmack

Moonmack

• 4,000 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
If you figure out the convincing part please let me know how it's done.

(Perhaps that advice should go in a tutorial thread or something :) )

Well, when I took my own Nexus4 to her ear, she shied away in disgust, telling me she'd never be caught dead with that much hardware attached to the side of her head... But, she has a OneV you know, and it's kinda slow (it's even slower since she has her "woman" apps installed), so when I just zip along with the N4, she kinda notices the speed difference... I'll keep working on this!
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 195,746 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Bluetooth.... everything is better with bluetooth :p

Hell no :P I won't be seen with that thing hanging off my ear anytime soon :D A2DP and AVRCP rule for in car use though, I'll give you that :P
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I love this deal but don't necessarily expect Koodo to follow suit with the pricing.
Photo of Bob Smith

Bob Smith

Yeah it's true. Google is probably liquidating all their stock of the nexus 4 so once it's gone, it's gone and won't come back in stock is my guess, which means it'll just disappear from koodo before getting a price drop.

There won't be any grudge either. Koodo has offered the N4 for an actually lower price than Google for quite some time now, and people have benefited from this! If people post asking for a price-match, I'll be ashamed, lol!
Photo of Daniel AJ

Daniel AJ

• 4,364 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Well, I can send mine back this week. So Koodo can choose between taking it back or matching the price. :-) I can wait for the Nexus 5, eh.

It's alright Daniel, no offense there :P I just felt like Koodo had done better than other carriers regarding the Nexus4. It has been consistently cheaper on Koodo for the past few months, so I won't feel like Koodo is ripping people off if ot doesn't price-match at $249. But hey, asking never hurts, right? :)
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 142,964 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Oh my................... did you HAVE to post that??? I wish I didn't know... now I am sooooooooo tempted :D

I feel like we're hovering our cursors over the "Add to cart" pretty much at the same time now Sophia :P
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

LOL! There are only three things stopping me right now... 1) husband 2) Mint 3) husband with access to Mint :D

Mint is a lie Sophia! Scotia Bank is actually better in this regard with their "You're richer than you think, let's click that button now!" :D
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

Ahaahaha!

Argh! To hell with that, clicked that button! Coincidence that I was asked to work overtime last week? I think not! :P Let the Nexii rain now! :D
Photo of John Lee

John Lee

• 36,724 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
NEXUS 4 FOR $200? what
Photo of John Burke

John Burke, Mobile Master

• 71,346 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Best deal by far!

Now it's just a matter of time before the Nexus 5 comes out...
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
What's with this $200 thing? Don't tell me any of you are considering the 8GB version?
Photo of dssdealer

dssdealer

• 298 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
ordered 1 yesterday! awesome deal
Photo of Joshua83

Joshua83

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Just upgraded on Monday, hopefully I can get some adjustment to what I paid on the tab
Photo of Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• 50,808 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That's not how it works. That price drop was Google only, NOT Koodo.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.