Getting Wrong Number When Calling 411

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
I was looking for a phone number & I couldn't get access to the internet to look for it so I called 411 for directory assistance & I was given the wrong number,I was wondering what can I do to get credited back the charge for getting the wrong number ?
Photo of TheZoomer

TheZoomer

• 1,784 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Chris Petersens

Chris Petersens

• 47,266 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Not sure if they would credit you back. How would they know that the number you got was not what you wanted? Did you hear the # incorrectly maybe?
Photo of TheZoomer

TheZoomer

It was a wrong number as I was given another number that was not related to what I wanted & I even got a text message with the number & it was connected for me as well.
Photo of Jorden

Jorden, Mobile Master

• 33,404 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You can call and ask. I assume the decision will be up to the person who answers.
Photo of TheZoomer

TheZoomer

Well I called in & spoke to a man by the name of Carlos & he was really nice with me and he checked the system & saw that I did indeed call 411 so he said,
since my bill has not been generated yet, he can't apply the credit but when it does get generated, then to call in & they will give the credit to my account.
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 103,372 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Just make sure the person doesn't forget!

Photo of Jonathan

Jonathan

• 816 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Directory Assistance (411) is a service provided by local telephone companies. Koodo Mobile pays for every call that is routed to a 411 operator from any of their mobile phones koodo is not able to refund you back if they apply a credit it wouldn't be for that service it would just be a credit in general. To dispute any charges you would need to contact 411 customer service by dialing 1-866-411-4411 press 2 or you may write to help@411.ca and explain them your case.
Photo of Xavier

Xavier

• 7,610 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Guys, a couple of months ago I installed the 411 - directory Assistance app (free)
But I cant find it any more.
This could help you alot, if you got the wrong number. As with this app you get more detailed info...

I will keep looking for it.
i found this one (YELLOW PAGES APP) → https://play.google.com/store/apps/de...
Photo of Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• 50,798 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Or you can install the yellow pages app. Saved me a few charges for 411 on the bill.
Photo of Xavier

Xavier

yes I posted the link above. it saves you money:)

Zaphod Beeblebrox

For some apparent reason, my computer did not display that hahaha
Photo of Xavier

Xavier

well if you find the 411 app you let me know ;p

Zaphod Beeblebrox

That yellow pages app will do the trick just fine :)

Zaphod Beeblebrox

I honestly don't see an issue with a one time credit when it appears on the bill as long as there have been no other 411 credits on the account and the amount of credits in general isn't a large amount. Like it was stated earlier, it really is up to the agent you speak with when the bill is viewable.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.