Getting Error texts from 533-7 everyday?

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
Everyday since I switched to Koodo from Telus I get text messages from 533-7. The message reads, "Error. No User Template for KDO. MDN: my phone number; NotificationCode:BLOCK_CAN_REMINDER_AUTH. What's going on?
Photo of Brian Jessome

Brian Jessome

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 103,674 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hello Brian.

I think it's something related to the porting. I'd say you would need to contact Koodo in order to solve that issue
Photo of Brian Jessome

Brian Jessome

Thanks Robert, I've been trying but their wait times are very long. Will give it another try. I appreciate the response.
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 55,912 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You can choose the call back option or message them on facebook (https://m.me/Koodo) or through twitter dm.
Photo of Brian Jessome

Brian Jessome

Tried calling again and used the call back option. Thanks Allan. Never thought of a facebook message.
Photo of Lily Warner

Lily Warner

• 70 Points
Hello, did they say why this was sent? I just received one today, not really sure what it means.
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 103,310 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
But, does your phone work? Did you port it recently as well?
Photo of Lily Warner

Lily Warner

• 70 Points
It's working fine. What do you mean by port
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 89,952 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Port as in did you transfer your number from another carrier? That is known as "porting."
Photo of Jasmine Pichor

Jasmine Pichor

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I'm starting to get this message as well, I just ran out of data on Monday and I got the message yesterday and today.
Photo of Stephanie B

Stephanie B

• 62 Points
me too i am having those weird messages. I wont click on them tho. WHat is going on KOODO????
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 32,852 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The 5337 seems to be a number for data usage notification, what were your data usage status?
(Edited)
Photo of Alysha Ahsyla

Alysha Ahsyla

• 60 Points
Error. No User Template for KDO. MDN: 2263439349; NotificationCode: BLOCK_CAN_REMINDER_AUTH what does this mean
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 32,212 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I have no clue, can you post a screenshot here, and also send a message to Koodo facebook and see what it was for.

It could be just some glitches. But I would suggest you check the data usage in your selfserve and see if anything peculiar there.
Photo of Meaghan Mosher

Meaghan Mosher

• 74 Points
I started getting them yesterday and got 4 during the night
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 75,460 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Folks, let us take a look what's going on. As soon as I have news, will let you know. 
Photo of Helen Fish

Helen Fish

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I called koodo this morning and they said they are upgrading their text data settings and it is a glitch in the system and to ignore all of them as I too received 4 yesterday
Photo of Rhonda Carneiro

Rhonda Carneiro

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
We are reading this as my daughter just got the message come up on her phone I guess it's not fixed
Photo of Justin Higgins

Justin Higgins

• 62 Points
I just received this msg again!!!
Photo of Meaghan Mosher

Meaghan Mosher

• 74 Points
I've had 7 more between 11pm last night and just now
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

Yes folks, if you are in the process of receiving notifications for your data usage this may still occur. Once you either reach the 'block/pause' phase (when you used all your data) it will automatically clear. @Meaghan, you are very close to fully using your datat for the month as you can see online too. I believe all should be back to normal in the next day or so. 
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

@Justin, for you the most recent data notification SMS you received (50%) seems it went through ok. At least I can see that from our end. Can you confirm? Thanks!
Photo of Francois landry

Francois landry

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
i have gotten 12 of these messages in the past 2 days...
(Edited)
Photo of Francois landry

Francois landry

Ah, thank you. Is there a way i can help with the authentication process then?
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 184,920 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Once you reposnded to the facebook private message and answered the questions, you just need to be patient
Photo of Francois landry

Francois landry

all i have done is message them, i didn't receive a message from them, did i do it wrong?
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 184,920 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You should have received an automated reply that looks something like this
Photo of Francois landry

Francois landry

oddly enough I didn't, but she ended up answering me a bit later, now its just to wait and see if i get another error or not