Galaxy S2 keeps making a random bleeps

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

i have deleted pretty much all the apps to see if it quits, but it hasn't. What is this?
Photo of Tabetha Wallace-Ladd

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 201,212 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Do you have a missed message, call, voice mail?

How is your battery? Is it charging properly/fully?
Nope, no msgs or mail. I charge fully, but these batteries sure don't last like they advertised! I have also pulled the battery out to reset the phone. I can't remember how to update the software tho, so i haven't tried that yet.
Photo of MatB

MatB

• 32,478 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Turn all your notification settings off, emails, messages, apps... etc...
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

Does your battery last at least a day?
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

When the battery is fully charged does it beep randomly still?
How long does the Battery last?
With minimal use it should make it the day. With regular use it should get you through a work day
Yes, it beeps fully charged. Battery power lasts half a day when not in use. I charge it again everyday around 7pm because it's dead. With no use during the day. I keep Wifi off so it's not wasting power searching.
Photo of MatB

MatB

Have you Calibrated the battery? see how in here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/de...
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

I was gonna suggest the same thing as MatB.

Also do you recognize the beep as a beep for a specific app? Like a message beep or a charging beep, etc?

Have you tried changing the notification sound so the beep turns into another sound? This might help narrow things down
I am going to calibrate right after i reply here. The beep is totally new to me! I always set my notifications to a quieter tone or beep than is provided by default.
what does "root you device first!" mean???
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

Rooting is the process of allowing privileged control (known as "root access") within Android's subsystem
Should i do this? What r the repercussions? Is it difficult to do? How do i do it? New can o worms! lol
Photo of MatB

MatB

Read howto here:http://galaxys2root.com/
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

It is basically hacking into your phone so you get full access. Honestly unless you know what you are doing I wouldnt recommend it.

Have you tried to turn it off, pull out the battery for a few minutes, then put it all back together and power up?

Any chance this is a low battery beep?
I have determined that i am do not know enough to give myself that kind of control. It is definitely not a low or dead battery beep. Yes, i've tried the battery removal already. No luck.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 206,758 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Shouldn't really suggest to root your device here for an issue like this guy's.
Anyways have you tried doing a factory reset of the device Tabetha? If not I suggest you do and it should get rid of the bleeping. If it does then download your apps again 1 by 1 and each time seeing if it adds this bleep. Make sure to backup your contracts and photos before doing a factory reset.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

Ok I think you should bring it into a kiosk or call tech support. They might be able to provide some better help
1-866-99-KOODO

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.