Galaxy Ace 2 X GTS-7560M WIFI not working

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Hello Friends,
I have samsung galaxy GTS-7560 M model from Koodo. I had unlocked it. But now its wifi is not working. Please help me for same.Thanks in advance.
Photo of kamlesh oza

kamlesh oza

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,448 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If its on your home wifi then try uplugging your router for a minute or so then plug it back in and try to connect to it again.if its on a public wifi some need a password or to accept terms of use before it will fully connect, so open a browser and it usually will bring up a page automatically in your browser.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Can you describe in more detail what exactly about the wifi that isn't working?
it can't be switch on
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ernest what happens when you try to switch it on?
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 67,084 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you simply entered a code to carrier unlock the Ace 2x, it should not have affected Wi-Fi connectivity. Remove the battery for one minute, re-install battery and follow Paul's recommendation for rebooting the router. Keep us posted.
Photo of kamlesh oza

kamlesh oza

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hello Everyone!
Thanks for your reply.
I am using home network wifi.
After unlocking cell wifi was working fine for around 3-4 months.
Now issue is that GTS-7560M model is not detecting any wifi, Nor home network nor Other .
At home my other cells are working very fine with Home wifi.

I had shown the cell to a moble repair store, He told me to update the software.

But i dont know whether itis really required to update software or need to install drivers again.

If i connect it to Samsung -Kies software it is showing error for updation.

Is it require to unroot for updating software?
If yes then where i can get software & drivers for same.

Regards,
Kamlesh
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 67,084 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hello Kamlesh,

There are no software/firmware updates available for the GT-S7560M (Ace 2x). Your device should show 4.0.4. as the most current Android version. Samsung Kies is not required, the phone is capable of obtaining updates over-the-air, but since Samsung no longer supports the device in terms of OS updates, the OS version will remain at 4.0.4.

If the Ace 2x has been rooted, applying a software update or flashing firmware will break root privileges. I would recommend trying a hard reset first (Settings > Back up and reset - Factory data reset) to see if this resolves the Wi-Fi issue.

I'm only adding this part because unroot was mentioned, I'm assuming you know how to root your device. Follow the instructions in thread 23 in the link provided below and download the Galaxy S Ace 2x root kit zip file from the 'attached files' area of the thread. The root kit contains files and instructions on how to root and install a ClockworkMod or CWM recovery on your Ace 2x.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showt...

You can obtain stock firmware from SamMobile, you will need to register first (registration and download are free). The baseband version on my Ace 2x corresponds exactly to the TELUS PDA version: S7560MVLALJ7. The stock firmware download is 527 MB. The Ace 2x model number is written this way: GT-S7560M.

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/1/

This what you will be looking for once you've registered. Click on image to enlarge.

You will need Odin to flash the firmware over to your Ace 2x. I just used Odin v3.07 to install a custom recovery on my Ace 2x, so this version works well. The root kit contains an earlier version of Odin that will work, but it's best to use the latest version. The latest version can be found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showt...

I have to add the usual disclaimer; that you do all of this at your own risk and that I nor Koodo can be held responsible should something happen to your device. Rooting your device voids the manufacturers warranty.

Read the steps carefully, don't take any shortcuts and you should be up and running in no time. Keep us posted.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.