Galaxy s7 $200 trade in - any phone?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
There is a currently a promotion for a $200 trade in value if you purchase a Galaxy S7. Is this for any old phone? Are there any specific requirements? Working condition? 
Photo of cjax

cjax

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 140,052 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
This is a special promo from Samsung. There are no terms tied to the condition of the device. Under Koodo's standard process for other phones, though, the phone has to be in working order. The value is determined based on the condition of the phone.
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 90,654 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It is 200 dollars for any phone.

@Mark yes but then you're with Bell...
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 75,642 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
And the minimum plan requirement with Bell starts $80......
Photo of Mark Thompson

Mark Thompson

• 220 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Actually it is 90 but woth koodo after you factor in the 21 tab fee it is the same...and saving 200-300 on the phone...i am a koodo customer and they used to be the best but for network coverage and what they charge for the phones themselves it is mkre expensive..
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 75,642 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sure. Ok it's $90. One difference, is that one continues paying for a $90 plan with Bell while the tab charge drops off. Either way, people make their own call and decide accordingly who they pick. The people still love us according to the latest JD Power report a few weeks back:  http://canada.jdpower.com/press-releases/2016-canadian-wireless-customer-care-study

We haven't lost the love! :-) 
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 90,654 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Took a look at Bell's site. The S7's tradein promo is for 245 dollars. The S7 Edge is 200. The plan must be at least 80 a month. I don't see anything stating you get 200+ trade-in value of the phone. If you want nationwide calling, the minimum you will spend is 85 a month for 500mb, and 90 for 1GB. So sure it's 90 for Koodo with 1GB, and 85 for Bell. Then you stop paying the tab afterwards. It'll just come down to as Bernard said no longer paying for the tab after 2 years with Koodo. Will you be upgrading every 2 years? It might be better with Bell this time around. Will you not be? I wouldn't switch over. Or do you already have Bell services? Bundling will save you a bit more and makes sens ein that case so long as you intend to stay with Bell for the other services.
Photo of cjax

cjax

So is it $200 no matter what, or up to $200, depending on the value? Also, I noticed that Telus has the same deal, but for S7 and S7 Edge. Is this deal applicable to S7 Edge as well?
Photo of leahakatallawah

leahakatallawah

• 74 Points
what if the phone is working but not working 100% properly?
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 75,448 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That's Ok for this special, as long as you take a plan on TAB Plus with it.
Photo of Pat Piper

Pat Piper

Was told at the kiosk that i couldn't trade my brand new (was there to return it but was 1 day too late) alcatel one touch for this promo???
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 89,786 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
What exactly did they say? It's a Samsung promo that is still ongoing. The latest extension of it is to the e of the month. You'd be better off if unable to return it to sell it and buy any phone for 20 bucks to use
Photo of Pat Piper

Pat Piper

Sorry....guess I wasn't clear. I bought the Alcatel flip phone a couple weeks ago (for my husband) and was returning it but was 1 day late for the 15 day return window. Asked if I could trade it toward the Samsung promotion to upgrade my phone and was told I couldn't.
Photo of Shannon Layton

Shannon Layton

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
So with this trade in, you can potentially get the Samsung S7 for $0 on the Tab Plus?
Photo of Shannon Layton

Shannon Layton

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Great, I just wanted to make sure :)
Photo of Linda R Belisle

Linda R Belisle

• 70 Points
So I have a Samsung Galaxy 1,,,,,does this qualify for the 200 trade in.?
Photo of Pat Piper

Pat Piper

Yes. They were willing to take my smashed up Galaxy Ace!
Photo of Linda R Belisle

Linda R Belisle

• 70 Points
What about an old nokia
Photo of Anupam Chowdhury

Anupam Chowdhury

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Just wondering I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 from Telus which I unlocked and joined Koodo this past April. Could I trade it in for an S7 edge with the $200. Also can I use my work plan on it. The cost of the plan in April was $60 unlimited talk and text and 1 gb data and with work  I get 25% off  the $60 so I pay $47.71 with tax per month. I work Walmart.