Galaxy s6 marshmallow update

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Alright so I know this question has been asked before but Im still sitting here as of may 13 without marshmallow and i havn't seen anyone address what the cause for the long wait is so.. What the heck is going on with the update? Is my phone the problem? Mine is a unlocked bell version model sm-g920w8.
Photo of Nathaniel Mackenzie

Nathaniel Mackenzie

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • anxious, frustrated

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Then you need to ask bell. You won't get the update from Koodo.

Try removing your sim card and connecting via wifi

Then goto settings... About... Update
(Edited)

Nathaniel Mackenzie

I used a bell simcard that my friend has and still nothing so I dont think just using wifi will do any good but I will try it anyways when i get home from work.
. Are you on the koodo network? If not why would you contact a koodo community? Also the Marshmallow update hasn't been doing many samsung phones any good.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I love the edge since the update.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 200,792 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What issues are you talking about specifically Bradley?

Nathaniel Mackenzie

Im using koodo with a unlocked s6 purchased origanally from bell
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

• 33,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Try using Samsung Kies program. I read that you can update from there as well. Not sure 100% as i dont have a Samsung device.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Yeah Samsung kies is no more, it's been discontinued.
Photo of Darwin

Darwin

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have the same model of phone. Unlocked from Rogers and used with Koodo from new. Still no update for me either. Kies doesn't work with the S6 but then I have tried Samsung Smart Switch and it doesn't work either. It continues to say that the phone is up to date but, still 5.1
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Chad is correct you will get the update from Rogers or for the guy above bell as it doesn't matter what carrier your using the phone on it matters where you purchased the phone from and the software your running from that carrier NOT what carrier your using the phone on. You will have to inquire with the carrier that the phone was purchased from about any updates to that device.

Nathaniel Mackenzie

I have a friend who owns a bell phone and I tried his sim card and still nothing. And as the other guy said smart switch doesnt do anything
Photo of Gerry Hanlon

Gerry Hanlon

• 2,868 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Hey Nathaniel,
If your S6 was originally from Bell,then you have to wait for Bell to release the Marshmallow update! And,it doesn't matter if it's unlocked or not and with Koodo now!
To my knowledge,Bell hasn't released an update for Marshmallow yet so you'll just have to keep waiting until they do. Hope this helps!
As a side note,I have the update on my S6 from Koodo and my phone is so much better in every way! Hope you get it soon!
Photo of Darwin

Darwin

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
From what I understand now is we have to wait for the original company (Rogers or Bell) to release the update or go into the phone and change the CSC code. The original ones would be RWC for Rogers and BMC for BellĀ to KDO. This can be done with info fromĀ www.droidviews.com I may give it a try later If you do this make sure that you back up your phone first as changing the CSC code with wipe the phone and it will be in an original state.
(Edited)
The more I use my S7 and do some research on mm 6.0.1 I'm getting a much better it's getting...I guess it just takes some patience. FYI if you're having problems with Bluetooth use NFC works great...
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 94,240 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Interesting. I've had phones swapped between Wind and Koodo for service and ownership and vice versa and I'm all cases updates still have been pushed OTA.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.