fraudulent charges

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

So last month I created a post because I had over 2gs of data suddenly be used on my phone, which I did not do.

This month I got charged with a approx. $65 long distance charge from a phone number I have never called.

What is going on here?

I contacted here about the 2 gs of data, they asked for screenshots of usage, I sent, and no one ever responded. 

It seems like someone may be hacking my phone, and I, although I have been a loyal customer for many years, I will totally cancel everything with Koodo if this is not resolved.
Photo of Xolaryxis Anakha

Xolaryxis Anakha

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • worried, anxious, angry

Posted 4 months ago

Xolaryxis Anakha

(Edited)
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 90,674 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You were probably missed in the huge mass of messages of late. You can send another private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter to get a response back about your original issue. As for this, no you likely weren't hacked. Are you sure absolutely no one used your phone around this time?

Xolaryxis Anakha

Yes I live by myself
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 32,922 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
@Xolaryxis:
if your phone was hacked, you could call police for help. If there is no evidence of hacking, you are responsible for all of the incurred charges.
(Edited)
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

Alright then. Is your iphone jailbroken? Check your app list for any apps that you're not familiar with. You could wipe your phone and start again being weary of certain apps that you're not familiar with. Have you been on any open wifi networks at all lately? Did you click on any particular links that were sent to you recently?  
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 75,644 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
@ Xolaryxsis, this is a customer forum of ours where one can get a ton of help, just bear in mind most people come and go which might mean not all question get an answer all the time. 99% do though! That said, because we built this for our customers we don't moderate actively. Neither here or there, if you could share one detail about the call that could help determine what it may have been. What is the area code for that call? 
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

843 (south carolina)
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 75,644 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Well, that area code is not flagged as potential scam. It seems unlikely for pocket dial to take place, unless the number was called before. It's the only call that day and it's 2 hours long. Should be on your call logs. Does it align with your invoice info?  
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,596 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Send a screen shot of your call history for that day

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.