Former Public Mobile customer 100$ credit

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: P2K migration

Hi, I am former Public Mobile customer. Was clearly promised by Koodo to be credited 100$ for moving over, which I have done. I have got the first bill in full 63.65$, but no credit. Contacted customer support, and was explained, that my 100$ credit was being pending and will appear on my account within a month or something and more than that I can omit this first bill and the money will be taken from my credit. But to avoid any problems with credit reporting (yes Koodo reported the first bill to both credit bureaus) so I have payed my first bill in full. And today is the first day of my second billing cycle - and here we come - SURPRISE, my account has been credited in the amount 25$. Where are the rest of the money??? Koodo what kind of tricky game is it? Seems I can not trust any of your representatives?? Please, clarify.
Photo of Andriy

Andriy

• 462 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,908 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The credit is applied as 4 $25 credits over 4 bills as stated in the offer. You will receive the rest of the credit in this form, $25 credit over 3 more bills
(Edited)
Photo of Andriy

Andriy

This information must be clearly explained upfront.
Photo of TJ Smith

TJ Smith

• 4,502 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
I agree, the only hick is the reps at the store level were not informed about those details. When I move my 2 kids lines last Feb I was told the credit will be applied on my 2nd or 3rd bill (6 to 8 weeks after the activation). it was the "12GB for 120$ for 90 days" I had on both lines from Public. 
While I get that Koodo want to make sure the clients stay at least 4 months and not leave them right after they get their bill credits; it should have been CLEARLY said to the client via the store rep.
They dropped the ball on this one but Koodo is a WAY BETTER company them the other kids from the Big 3.
Photo of Andriy

Andriy

The Koodo is OK in terms of connection  quality , I was pretty happy with Public  Mobile as well. They all under same umbrella of Tellus though...
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 97,688 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Indeed. You can expect the same level of connectivity / reception between the three, since they're all the same company with the same access to the network.
Photo of Andriy

Andriy

Nothing was mentioned in the offer about 4 bills extension and nothing about first month delay.  I also want to mention, that my Public Mobile was prepaid for 3 months ahead and because of the transition I have lost part of that payment.
Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

• 31,746 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Andriy!

When you moved to Koodo, were you referred or did you refer someone to Koodo? Cause the 25$ you received seemed to me a Koodo Refer a Friend credit... 

The 100$ bill credit, was a ONE TIME credit, usually comes within the 2nd invoice...

Could you please let us know the date when you migrated to Koodo since there has been different campaigns... 
Photo of Andriy

Andriy

My move was on March 10, 2018. Yes, I have used online referral during the move, and got confirmation, that that will be credited within three months. If you need details of my former Public Mobile account I can provide them as well.
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 21,860 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
On your bill does the $25 credit say what it is for? I know that if its a $25 refer a friend credit it will show thats what its for. Plus it seems a little early to have already received your refer a friend credit.
Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

I will suggest to contact Koodo directly, could be via Social Media and get this clarified, during the date you migrated the offer was still on, so if you were targeted by receiving a text message with the offer and migrated before offer expired, you should be eligible for promo...
Photo of Andriy

Andriy

Yes, I just have called the customer support, they say that 100$ will be credited within next 3 business days. Really hope that this will happen.
Photo of TJ Smith

TJ Smith

Andriy, what plan you had prior to moving to Koodo? Because any and all "balance" from PM should be moved to Koodo by the 3rd bill. 

Exp: if you have the 25$ plan and you paid 100$. When you call PM *611 you have a msg saying: "Your current balance is 75?". Once you move to Koodo, that said balance of 75$ will to transfered to you new Koodo account within 6 to 8 weeks.

If by the 3rd bill you got nothing, I suggest you contact Koodo to get it straight up.
Photo of Andriy

Andriy

Sounds great, TJ Smith thank you for this advice:). Will put the note in my reminder. I had 120$ prepaid every 3 months with PM, 12GB  of data and unlimited calling.  Around half of that payment  should be recovered then  . 
Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

There are different migration campaigns... The one you were targeted for does not include balance transfer from your Public account... The offer in your case was different...
Photo of TJ Smith

TJ Smith

Andriy in your case it's a little different. It was 120$ for 90 days with 12GB.
That's the reason Koodo give you a $100 bill credit (via 4 credit of 25$/month). It's to compensate for the days you lost buy moving to Koodo in the middle of your 90 days cycle.

They should have told EVERY client that the credit will be over 4 billing cycle as 25$ credit on each: 4 X $25 for $100 bill credit.
Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

Hi TJ Smith... Where did you read or see that it was 25$x4? 

It is a ONE TIME credit...
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 22,258 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
As for what it says in this thread it depends on what plan offer you received and that determines whether you will receive the $100 credit in one payment or 4.

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/-100-credit-for-switching-from-public-to-koodo
Photo of Paul Deschamps

• 203,898 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Lol I knew I seen that somewhere....
Photo of TJ Smith

TJ Smith

there was 2 different campaigns; A- $40/2GB and B- $40/4GB. 
Each came with a $100 bill credit for the migration but Client A get 4 X $25 credit while Client B get a 1-time $100 credit

Sorry for the confusion.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

• 203,898 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yeah I should have asked the OP I just assumed that since they gave him the $25 it was indeed the $25 for 4 months.
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 22,258 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
A few posts up the OP called Koodo and was told that their $100 credit would be given to them within the next 3 business days. More confusion lol
Photo of Andriy

Andriy

Yes, since I start move over to Koodo, I had several sort of  "confusions"...  But anyway will see next week if the info provided by phone rep is true and I finally get my credit.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 42,216 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
TJSmith was right about the credits, I believe.

In the case of Andriy, there could be something else in place. It could be an issue with the activation. The credits might not set it up properly. The online agent might want to get it solve quickly and gave the credit out in a lump-sump.
Photo of Andriy

Andriy

Yes, I have received 100$ credit! :) 
Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

Amazing! Promise made, promise kept! 
Photo of TJ Smith

TJ Smith

one happy camper, the fun just started Andriy. 
Photo of srlawren

srlawren

• 4,354 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Ditto, got my invoice yesterday.  It's a bit confusing (I know, the first ones always are) but I definitely saw the credit.  Very nice.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.