Flipboard. I don't use flipboard, but it keeps costing me money.

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
My sammsung Galaxy 3 has a flipboard app that is stuck attempting to download something. It won't finish downloading, it's stuck at 97%. It's sucking up data and battery power for, like, 9 hours now. do I have to throw my phone in the toilet to fix this? It's just a money sink.
Photo of Rick Fischer

Rick Fischer

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 108,656 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Try closing and reopening your phone? Or just uninstall the application via the settings?
Photo of Rick Fischer

Rick Fischer

I removed the updates, uninstalled flipboard, shut the phone off and restarted it. It's still churning away at trying to finish the download.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,906 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Go to: Settings > Apps - look for 'All Apps' and scroll down to Flipboard and tap on it. You should see a button that will allow you to disable the app - tap it. You can't uninstall Flipboard unless you root the S3, (you can only uninstall the updates, when the app 'sees' the missing updates, it automatically attempts to download the updates again). Disabling the app should prevent this.
Photo of Rick Fischer

Rick Fischer

I did that. I ninstalled the update first. Still going. Still 97%. I don't have wifi here, I have an internet stick for my laptop. My phone is plugged in to my laptop, but it isn't getting internet from it. I'm hoping it will finish the download when I go to work in the morning and connect to wifi there.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

You lost me. Disabling Flipboard prevents it from downloading updates. By your first post, I thought you didn't want to use Flipboard any more.
Photo of Rick Fischer

Rick Fischer

It was already downloading at 9:00 this morning. It's been stuck trying to complete the download all day. It's 7:45 p.m. here, and the download is not complete(97%) I disabled flipboard after I got home from work at 5:00 and plugged in to the charger. Shut off and restarted 3 times. It's STILL trying to finish the download. I don't need the app,don't want it, it keeps coming back when Samsung sends me another download/upgrade/price increase. I'm really starting to hate the app, it's like being followed by my ex.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

Unfortunately, Flipboard is there to stay as it is a 'system app' and cannot be deleted using conventional app removal methods. I guess you'll just have to wait and see if the download completes over Wi-Fi and then disable Flipboard from that point forward.
Photo of Rick Fischer

Rick Fischer

Nice. Had an incoming text delayed by 6 hours today. She's pissed at me, and it's this damn flipboard.
Photo of elvira

elvira

• 734 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Didnt like the s3 sucks battery horrible phone

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.