First month bill

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I opened a new account on Dec.3, the plan is $36 per month . Today I received the first bill ,I need pay $48.8 . Can anybody tell me why 7 days they charge me so much?
Photo of lsla

lsla

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Myke

Myke

• 45,090 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Because it's proration. You still have to pay for the days from when you activated to the end of your billing cycle.
Photo of Rocky Balboa

Rocky Balboa

• 20,414 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Plus another 30 days on top of that! :) Next month assuming you don't go over you'll see your bill be a flat monthly rate plus taxes of course!
Photo of lsla

lsla

:)
Photo of quasarito

quasarito

• 9,738 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Your first bill covers your usage from the day you activated your phone to the start of your billing cycle, plus your following months billing cycle.

This would have been explained to you by the Koodo rep if you were paying attention.
Photo of Myke

Myke

Actually, it's not. A lot of customers generally don't pay attention to the information about the plan that they are told about initially. There is no need to come here and be a white knight for other posters.
Photo of lsla

lsla

Actually, I'm not feel comfortable about quasarito's reply. I did pay attention to the Koodo rep, I just like to come here to verify what I have understanding. Anyway, Thank you guys.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ummm... sales reps aren't perfect and there's a very good possibility that the rep didn't explain it? I know I've forgotten a few times myself. Everyone makes mistakes.
Photo of Francis

Francis

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I do alot of reading here, not much posting. I have to agree with bill. Also even though im still a noob, you guys need to chill out.
Photo of Myke

Myke

We are plenty chill.
Photo of lsla

lsla

thanks!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.