Family plan

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
Koodo should come out with an actual family plan, not two phones in the same account. What a lot of people want is a lot of data and minutes and unlimited texts that they can share between their family. Even if its around $100 a month with unlimited data and a lot of minutes, a lot of people would be happy and you would probably get more customers :) Just an idea!
Photo of Courtnee

• 396 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Chris Petersens

Chris Petersens

• 47,246 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You can get unlimited text already for $5 a month. They have plans with unlimited talk too. Unlimited data is not gonna happen anytime soon but there are plenty of wi-fi areas.

As far as sharing, as much as it sounds good, someone in the family using more of their fair share always leads too bad feelings. :-)
Photo of Adam B.

Adam B.

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
even if its NOT shared data/minutes at least some type incentive... a discount on the plan or something...
my wife needed a phone/plan and since there's wansnt much of a benefit signing with koodo.. she went with some1 else

I know there's free calling between plan members.. but thats kinda useless cuz we txt 90% of the time
Photo of John Lee

John Lee

• 36,704 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Free calling and free texting, Canada-wide; is a pretty good benefit.
Photo of Adam B.

Adam B.

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
im glad you benefit from it... I have unlimited texting and canada-wide already and so does she... and the talk is usless cuz we txt most of the time... Im just trying to get my wife to switch over to koodo but without gaining anything.. why should she
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
1. Problem with sharing minutes/data is its difficult to keep track of usage this way.

2. Similar to point 1, what if someone starts getting greedy and uses a higher % of the bucket? Then people get upset.

3. I've had trouble with family/shared plans on Rogers and Bell because its tough to split up or change the plan later on. Also people's terms would always get renewed once someone else in the family upgraded and it caused a ton of headaches (thank god that doesn't happen anymore).