extended warranty

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I have the extended warranty on my phone. I know there is a 50 dollar fee for damages caused by yourself. Do I have to pay this 50 dollars up front or can it be added to my bill??
Photo of Alison

Alison

• 342 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It's hard to say, the contract seems to allow them to do either.

Charges. You agree to pay the amount for the Contract shown on Your Bill for wireless service each month when invoiced by Koodo on the same terms and conditions as set forth under Your Koodo service agreement. For the Paid Up Front Program, Your full twenty-four (24) month program cost will be collected by Koodo at the time of enrollment. Applicable replacement costs, non-covered failure charges, shipping and restocking charges, taxes, and regulatory surcharges and assessments, if any, may be added to Your Bill or, at Our sole discretion, collected from You prior to providing Replacement Equipment.
(Edited)
Photo of Melissa

Melissa, Employee

• 11,748 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Alison! When it comes to the extended warranty, you must pay the funds directly to our service center with your credit card -> the charge cannot be added on your Koodo bill. Just to clarify, the fee is $79 for physical damage.  More info can be found here -> https://extendedwarranty.koodomobile.com/ . Hope this helps :)!
Photo of Scott Blackwell

Scott Blackwell

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
January 17th 2016? Also any link to the extended warranty page seems to time out therefore I am unable to read what is fully covered and how it works.
Photo of Melissa

Melissa, Employee

Hey Scott! We're currently working on getting the link back up and will be up shortly.  Anything specific we can help you out with meanwhile?
Photo of Scott Blackwell

Scott Blackwell

I just cracked my screen last night and am going to get it fixed, Just wanted to make sure I had everything I need before I call so I can expedite the process. I found my agreement but there is no contact number for a claim but I'm sure I can find it somewhere on the site.
Photo of Melissa

Melissa, Employee

You can contact eSecuritel at 1-844-574-1839. As long as you have your account information handy (such as phone number, address on Koodo account..) you'll be good to go.  Also make sure you have a credit card with you to. 
Photo of Scott Blackwell

Scott Blackwell

All taken care of, only thing I didn't have was the E Sercuritel number but got that from a Koodo rep. Thanks for the help.