Exisiting Prepaid Account - Upgraded Cells from Blackberry 9300's to iPhone 4S - How do I switch them over?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 1-866-995-6636

Good Day, I live in Belleville, ON. I currently have two Blackberry Curves. a 9320 & 9300. I checked my Blackberry's and the sim cards will definitely not fit the iPhone. I just recently bought two iPhone 4S's on eBay that are for the Koodo network and I would like to keep the same accounts. I need new micro sim cards and was wondering if I can purchase them (but where?) and keep the same account open as I have money on the accounts. Is there a certain procedure to follow? Need some expert advice and would be greatly appreciated.
Photo of Darrell

Darrell

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 143,084 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sure you can keep your account :) You can buy a prepaid SIM card at any Koodo kiosk and then activate it in self service. It's dead easy, I do it all the time.
Photo of Darrell

Darrell

Bought a Sim Card at Best Buy for the iPhone 4S and tried to install it. I initially put the card into Sim Card holder on the iPhone and closed it. When I tried to change the sim card on my Koodo prepaid account - "Change Sim Card" under "Phone Services" an error was displayed - "SIM card number is invalid or already in use." Now what do I do? It is suppose to be straight forward. Will Koodomobile.com/help 1-866-995-6636 be my best option. If there is a set procedure it would be awesome if somehow tech support could have a link with instructions to assist Koodo customers on that particular page before they run into problems. It would make it so much easier and probably reduce customer calls.
Thanks
Darrell
dwgibbs2014@hotmail.com
Photo of Darrell

Darrell

Called Tech Support (Koodomobile.com/help 1-866-995-6636) and it was determined that the Best Buy rep sold me wrong Sim Cards. I asked for Prepaid and he sold me PostPaid cards and without me realizing it. Now a inconvenience as I have to go back and get the correct ones. Will get news ones and try it again.
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 143,084 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yikes, sorry to hear that Darrell. Yes there are two different kinds of SIM card, the postpaid version ($5) and the prepaid one ($20). Hope you will fare better with the replacement - I think Best Buy should give it to you because of your lost time and aggravation.
Photo of Anonymoo

Anonymoo

• 310 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
A small correction Sophia, even though it doesn't pertain to this gentleman's question specifically because he's prepaidĀ - the postpaid SIM cards are now $10 :)
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.