Error Code 10006: "The requested URL could not be retrieved" on Blackberry 9900 using Koodo data network; wi-fi works fine

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Anybody else getting an error code 10006 with message "the requested URL could not be retrieved"?

For reference, I'm using a Blackberry 9900. It's not a problem with the entered URL (I'm trying to access http://www.google.ca), and I have no problems accessing any URLs while on wi-fi. I used the Blackberry browser on the Koodo network as recently as yesterday. I've done a device reboot. I've attempted to register my device on the network (Options >> Device >> Advanced System Settings >> Host Routing Table >> Register Now) with no effect.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Photo of Cambrone

Cambrone

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Brendan William

Brendan William

• 732 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Do you have the correct APN?
Photo of Cambrone

Cambrone

...and as soon as I posted the foregoing, it started working again. It is possible that the network registration worked and simply took some time to take effect.

In any case, problem solved (somehow).
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You also need to make sure you have a (BB) plan, as that will have the correct provisioning codes for your data to work.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What plan are you on? Is this a Koodo BB? Do you have a Blackberry Specific Plan?
Photo of Cambrone

Cambrone

Thanks MameTozhio and Jonathan I.

I've been using my Blackberry on a Blackberry plan with Koodo for almost a year now, so it doesn't appear to be an issue with the data plan. I hadn't fuddled with any of the network settings, so I'm finding it all to be a bit of a mystery.

To answer MameTozhio's question, I checked the TCP IP settings from Advanced System Settings prior to posting. Neither "APN Settings Enabled" or "APN Authentication Enabled" were checked, but I left those settings as-is.

Thanks again.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sometimes it'll just... disconnect and you need to reset it. Not a big deal.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 142,676 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I've seen this error before. It seems to be an error in the blackberry browser. Try doing a backup and restore through desktop manager or try another browser.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.