Email to text

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Hi,

I have a prepaid phone with the $15 base plan for unlimited txt. With my current plan, am I able to receive email text messages if someone were to send an email to:
[my 10 digit koodo phone #]@koodomobile.com?
Photo of Matthew Drouin

Matthew Drouin

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Try it. I think it'll work

Usually it's ###########@msg.koodomobile.com
Or ##########@msg.telus.com
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 107,614 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I don't think prepaid or postpaid make a difference in the ability to receive texts by email. If it doesn't work, there's always Koodo's option to send a message to a phone : http://koodomobile.com/fr/on/sendames...
Photo of Matthew Drouin

Matthew Drouin

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Chad and Robert for your reponses.

Chad - prior to posting I had tried the ##########@msg.koodo.com but it did not work. I tried using ##########@msg.telus.com like you recommended and it worked. Makes sense i guess, as koodo is a Telus brand - bizzare that ##########@msg.koodo.com doesn't work though.
Photo of Zebra

Zebra

• 60 Points
I have a similar problem. When I send an email to ##########@msg.koodo.com it shows up on my phone as a text from the sending email with the subject but I can't see the content and it says "Downloading", indefinitely.

Alternatively when I send an email to ##########@telus.com I receive the text no problem.

However, I cannot send any texts from my phone to an email address, either by responding to either of the two texts listed above (one to koodomobile.com that is permanently downloading and one to telus.com that I can read) or by typing in the address. It just says "Sending", indefinitely.
Photo of Curtules

Curtules

• 19,666 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
It really seems to depend on the customer.

I've been using ##########@msg.koodomobile.com for years now, no problem. And before that it worked through ##########@koodomobile.com. But some customers can only get it through ##########@msg.telus.com.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.