Elephone P5000 working with Koodo?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Hello,

I just want to know if the Elephone P5000 can work with Koodo. Here is the network it works with:

WCDMA:band 1/2/8 (900/1900/2100)
GSM:band 2/3/5/8 (850/900/1800/1900)

Thank you in advance, :)
Gabriel
Photo of Gabriel

Gabriel

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
According to what you've said, yes the phone should work on Koodo's network as long as it is unlocked.
Photo of Gabriel

Gabriel

Alright, yes I'll buy it unlocked. But I'll have data and a good connection right?
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,524 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Koodo uses WCDMA frequencies 850 and 1900 so this phone will work but not in all areas since it only supports the one frequency and not the other. I would not recommend buying this phone to use on Koodo's network.

Curious what the reason for choosing this phone?
Photo of Gabriel

Gabriel

I would only use it in Ottawa and Montreal so would it be ok?

And becuase it looks like a great phone for the price, I'm just a teenager so I don't have a lot of money but i want a good phone...:P
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,524 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Like I said you'll have very spotty service anywhere in Canada on Koodo's network with that phone and have more issues probably then it's worth. I'd check out the Alcatel one touch idol X+ Koodo sells since it's very comparable in specs and price and best of all it will work 100% on Koodo's network.
Also you could use the tab to get it even cheaper, actually for $0 on a medium Tab.
Photo of Gabriel

Gabriel

Okay thank you ! So if i find a phone with 850 and 1900 WCDMA it will work great?
Photo of Josef Izchaki

Josef Izchaki

• 280 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Yes look at the mlais m52
Photo of Doug Gruber

Doug Gruber

• 70 Points
why choose this phone you ask. the price. it does everything a high end phone offers at a reasonable price. if this phone got wrecked or had an issue it could be discarded. according to my friends its as good as any name brand phone.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.